Learning and Development Specialist
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Maternity Cover - 6 month contract
This position is responsible for delivery of development programs at HomeAway. We are looking for someone with experience facilitating in a professional environment and demonstrated ability to design and deploy programs.
- Ensure effective delivery of training and development solutions to support the organization.
- Develop & review new training materials and collect feedback for revisions to course curriculum.
- Plan and manage projects & programs with moderate complexity.
- Design and deploy new development programs, including end to end change management that drives adoption.
- Manage projects for existing and new programs related to competency management, driving a culture of development,and consulting with leaders to understand technical training needs. Partner with stakeholders to create learning solutions aligned with these needs.
- Exercise good judgment to make timely decisions, solve problems and prioritize projects and responsibilities.
- Effectively collaborate with HR Business Partners to create development solutions.
- Leverage the Learning Management System to create scalable, user-focused solutions.
- Manage communication of training programs and drive internal awareness through various media including up-to-date online training calendar, training newsletters and direct communication with internal customers.
- Drive internal awareness/participation in development programs
- Serve on education-related project teams, providing input into new programs and policies from an adult learning and communication perspective.
- Minimum of 5 years adult learning/within a fast-paced HR function or equivalent related experience.
- Proficiency with curriculum development for adult learning modalities
- Proficiency with training creation and delivery
- Proficiency with LMS systems
- Demonstrated ability to train on a variety of topics in a high performing knowledge worker environment.
- Strong communication/ internal marketing skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills including strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- DDI Certification a plus
- Insights Certification a plus
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top