Lead iOS Engineer, Traveler Apps
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you passionate about developing the next generation of mobile experiences? Join our mobile team, an innovative and growing part of HomeAway, Inc., the world’s leading online marketplace for vacation rentals with sites representing over 2 million vacation home listings throughout 190 countries.
We are looking for a hands-on technical lead (or a Senior iOS engineer who wants to grow into a Lead role) who can take full ownership over our iOS Traveler applications, bringing innovative uses of mobile technology to our customers while ensuring a seamless experience across our websites and native apps.
- Implement new features and functionality in the iOS apps
- Define architectural standards and processes to guide development of the iOS apps
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the iOS development team
- Work with teams across HomeAway to ensure a seamless user experience for customers across all of their devices
- Champion continuous improvement to help raise the bar on quality, performance and maintainability of mobile applications
- Take ownership of assigned features and collaborate effectively with designers and product managers to exceed customer expectations
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Collaborate effectively with engineering leaders across the company and contribute to building the platform for the vacation rental industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience with excellent object-oriented design skills.
- 6+ years developing and deploying successful native iOS applications
- Reference-able (app store) history of creating native commercial apps
- 1-2 years of writing Swift specific apps
- Knowledge of iOS internals, frameworks, tools/IDEs, testing and documentation
- Has an obsession for customer experience and an intuitive sense of what makes great customer experiences
- Experience running agile teams
- Any experience or education in machine learning, natural language processing, bots, etc. This is only a plus.
- Working with great iOS talent and leadership
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk, pimp Macs, Macbooks or PCs, double monitors
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Available location: The Domain in Austin, TX. Flex-time and a healthy amount of telecommuting available.
Technical Recruiter: Keith Punches
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top