Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway. We are the leading Holiday Rental brand, part of the Expedia Group, with more than 1.3million properties bookable through our 25+ websites. We are creating the world's largest and most trusted Holiday Rental marketplace and actively recruiting talented people who are inspired to transform this industry.
Part of an established European Commercial Sales division you’ll join us as a EMEA Key Accounts -Market Development Manager (KADM) responsible for driving sales through prospecting, marketing and pitching HomeAway’s suite of solutions to targeted supply partners in their assigned territories across EMEA.
As a KADM, you will research, identify and develop relationships with prospects leaving no stones unturned in order to initially size and then produce new sales opportunities. Your obsessive curiosity will enable you to leverage strategic alliances/partnerships creating opportunity pipelines to both acquire new partners, as well as to foster growth in either lesser penetrated accounts or totally new segments.
Consistently seeking out and leveraging data specific to your market, sourced from the company’s proprietary reporting tools, industry insights, or developed local market knowledge, you will:
- Discover new territories (destinations or traveller source markets) for sourcing supply (property listings)
- Identify and bring onboard additional product types (eg; Serviced apartments).
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline of potential prospects within targeted markets,
- Secure additional inventory to satisfy the demands of our company’s current and future online customers.
- Actively attend industry events and trade shows, acting as a brand ambassador, gathering intelligence and developing relationships to drive, and closesales.
- Network with relevant industry bodies (eg Tourism Boards) and associations to become a “go to” person in emerging markets
- Keep abreast of key demand/supply indicators, economic data, trends and competitive information within the designated strategic market territory.
- Assess, clarify, and validate both supply prospects, and customers` needs, on an ongoing basis, and feed these back to relevant teams within HomeAway.
- Specifically gather feedback from partners (prospects and customers) regarding product enhancements and processes to drive efficiencies and increased revenues.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders, developing strong peer relationships as necessary to successfully influence behaviour.
- Work closely with all internal teams to ensure the delivery of service levels and escalate where required.
What are the required Skills and Qualifications?
- A Strong and proven relevant experience within the travel industry(consultancy, business development, entrepreneurship)
- Proven success in establishing positions in emerging markets
- with a track record in unearthing tangible sales opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in understanding and unlocking complex supply chains and
accessing their participants
- A true self starter who thrives working independently
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferable Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Tableau Reporting
- Highly Fluent in English with Ideally another European language (eg: German; Spanish; Italian or any Nordic language)
This position reports to the Senior Sales Manager – Key Accounts and will require approximately 20% travel.
What do we have to offer?
Based in Victoria, with The Queen as a neighbor, we are proud to say without a doubt that you will work in a modern office environment with THE Best Views of London: No more sightseeing needed for you.
In addition to an highly competitive salary with a variable scheme, we offer regular social gatherings like our monthly “HomeAway Bar”, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
- Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
- Life assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Private Health Care
- Access to pension scheme
- Salary Protection scheme
- Annual appraisal and salary review
After applying to this opportunity, you will go through an initial phone interview before being invited to meet our Sales Management team.
To let us know you are interested, click apply.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!