Hadoop Data Engineer
We are looking for Data Engineers to join Analytics Platform team, whose focus is to build simple, fast, easy and reliable self-service data products to democratize data for product and business teams. As a data Engineer on Analytics Platform,you will focus on building scalable data pipelines and simple self-service solutions. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data & analytics engineering background, product and business acumen to deliver scalable technical solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway.
What we look for:
Flawless Execution, Engineering Excellence, Tech Savvy, Business & Product acumen, Creative Problem solver
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics atHomeAway using both traditional (SQL server) and modern DW technologies (Hadoop,Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.) in an agile manner
- Support HomeAway’s product and business team’s specific data and reporting needs on a global scale
- Close partnership with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business (Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing etc.).
- Bachelor’s or Master’sDegree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 6+ years of EDW development experience including 2+ years in Big data & Cloud space (i.e. building data pipelines in Hadoop, AWS), working with Petabytes of data
- Development experience using Spark, Scala, Hive, S3, Kafka streams and APIs.
- Experience with Clickstream data is highly desirable.
- Experience with of all aspects of data systems (both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL/ELT, aggregation strategy, performance optimization.
- Product and business acumen.
- Experience in eCommerce or Internet industry preferred.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top