HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Challenges you can work on:
- Create experiences seen by over 100 million people a month
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps
- Develop smart web apps that will allow for in-session personalization
- Leverage real time user behavior data, predictive science and A/B testing to better understand our customers, fostering a community of trust to incrementally increase conversion, and have direct revenue impact from delivered code
- Share your work with your peers in our bi-weekly meetup and participate in our Internal Open Source by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
- Endless opportunities to grow your career the way you want
- Help develop beautiful & intuitive user interfaces
- Be at the forefront of building HomeAway’s next generation user experience.
Technologies we use:
- ES2015, ES2016, Node.js, React.js, Jasmine/Mocha, HTML5, CSS3, Less, Hapi.js, Webpack, AWS, Docker, Jetty, Java 8, Git
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications with state of the art front end web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- Passionate problem solver with a focus on high quality user experience.
- Mobile first responsive design experience.
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience.
- Highly experienced building cross-device email templates following best practices and tools.
- Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed container based architecture (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: GitHub, Splunk, New Relic and TeamCity.
- Work with product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top