Front End Developer
An excitingopportunity has arisen at HomeAway for a Front End Developer withinour UK team.
This is anexciting role, which would suit an experienced software developer to make theirmark in a creative and growing tech company.
To helpmillions of travelers looking for great places to stay in, for their vacations,HomeAway, along with all the sites in its portfolio, needs to be at theforefront of search results.
To gain the coverage we would generate G3 landing pages across thousands ofcritical geo nodes using a Node.js based UI templating stack. Great! Travelersfollowed onto our pages, but there’s still a question of conversion.
How do you make sure a majority of those hits are converted into datedsearches? By smartly and cognitively making the page content relevant,supported by services crunching huge amounts of data every second from multipletypes of data sources in the cloud, such as SEO, Geo data and POI information,we can make the pages engaging enough to convert.
Join us in our journey of enticing the travelers and making it a win-all forthem, the property owners, HomeAway and you.
Challenges youcan work on:
- Scale our web apps to more than 60k requests per second
- Demonstrate user behavior data and A/B testing to better understand ourcustomers, developing a community of trust to incrementally increase bookingconversion rates
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps
- Use realtime data to understand customers’ needs before they do
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedbackloops
- Develop smart web apps that will allow for in-session personalization basedoff user behavior and data
Technologiesyou would use:
- Node.js, React.js, Backbone.js, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, AWS, Mesos,Docker, Linux, Jetty, Samza, Dropwizard, Kafka, Java 8
- Youhave a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You are an analytical problem solver that is passionateabout delivering a high quality user experience
- Mobile first responsive design experience
- You have a cross-browser development & compatibility experience
- You have HTML, CSS and Less/SASS experience
- You providehands on technical leadership and participate in architecturaldecision-making
- You like to drive new features from inception to production,working across the company with product managers, UX designers and otherpartners
- You are dedicated to delivering tested and optimized highperformance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s ofthousands of requests per second!)
-You like to build and maintain quality software using top tools:Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity
- You know how to work with QA, product management and operations in an agileenvironment
- You enjoy participating in resolution of production issues and leadefforts toward solutions
- Grow a performing production environment in a way that makes the systemincreasingly reliable
- Participate in our inner source culture (Internal Open Source) by deliveringhigh quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal &external conferences
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for juniordevelopers
For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com
Check us out on https://www.themuse.com/companies/homeaway/office/london
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
We arean equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ourcompany. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top