As a Fraud Analyst at HomeAway, you will be making a direct impact on the business and be able to monitor and track your own contributions through our key performance metrics. Our Global Risk Management team works alongside our Trust and Security team, providing a variety of analytical services, reporting and support to the front-line risk management operations. In this role, you will partner with other members of our Risk Management and Analytics team to analyze and respond to fraud attempts, including fraudulent purchases and account takeovers and manage the impact to our customers and business. This role will analyze complex, large data sets, identify patterns, trends and implement new strategies to combat each unique fraud attack vector using best-in-class technical solutions.
• Analyze and respond to fraud threats; lessen the time to identify emerging threats through the use of analytics and fraud profiling
• Responsible for identifying rule opportunities with an eye toward continuously improving the existing rules set within the globally implemented risk engine while monitoring performance
• Monitor queued transactions pending manual review for the Trust and Security team to ensure rule performance meets expectations; report results
• Coordinate with regional leadership for queued transaction processing. Work day to day with Trust and Security Agents to optimize manually reviewed transactions
• Be familiar with global and local metrics and reports that proactively identify emerging fraud and risk threats as well as keep management informed of trends and performance
• Remain current on new technology, emerging fraud & risk trends, external tools, data providers and industry best practices as they relate to fraud prevention and risk mitigation
• Contribute to reports for Executive Management and other key stakeholders
• Contribute to innovative ideas; provide thought leadership to greater Risk Management team
• Provide ongoing analysis and insight into fraud trends targeting HomeAway customers
• Required to have a proven track record using best in class risk management systems, i.e. device fingerprinting, rule-based risk engines and behavioral analytics.
• Demonstrated at least 3+ years’ experience in fraud and risk management, knowledge of e-Commerce and credit card fraud; using industry standard systems to create and modify business rules and policies.
• Experience creating, publishing and maintaining reports using analytics platform, i.e. Tableau
• A good understanding of common and creative techniques used by fraudsters to exploit financial systems/payment systems and e-commerce processes.
• Demonstrated intermediate level Excel skills. Including the ability to quickly generate pivot tables, charts coupled with business analysis and formulated recommendations based on the data.
• Demonstrated intermediate level SQL or similar query language experience.
• Strong problem solving skills in all areas of risk management using complex tools and technology systems.
• Enthusiastic about working in fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands.
• High level of professionalism, energy, passion for fighting fraud, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top