HomeAway has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Financial Analyst. This role will support the rapid growth of European businesses. The Financial Analyst will be a member the Financial Planning and Analysis team and reports to the Director of FP&A. The FP&A team serves both corporate and regional business partners by driving the annual budget and regular reforecast process for full P&L financial reporting.
The successful candidate will work day-to-day with the regional business leads and will have strong working relationships with EU & Austin based FP&A colleagues as well as with local Accounting in-country and EU Accounting in Geneva.
The position necessitates an understanding of the HomeAway businesses in terms of sales, revenue, metrics, operating expense and capital as well as business processes and procedures . In this capacity, the Financial Analyst will actively work with FP&A colleagues & senior business management to identify, analyse and communicate current trends and most importantly their impact on forward looking financial forecasts.
The successful applicant will work across the regular forecast and budget processes in addition to specific projects as they arise. Working proactively with local accounting and regional business leaders the FP&A Analyst will evaluate & communicate regional business results, continually assess the business environment and alter our forecasts and forward projections to reflect latest projections & thinking. You will work closely with the FP&A team to identify improvement opportunities and ensure consistent, optimal, best-in class financial processes are deployed.
- Must be comfortable with full P&L forecasting as well as advising business leaders on day-to-day and long-range financial decisions.
- Help drive the forecasting and budgeting process, being a valuable partner to regional budget owners and working cross-functionally with global stakeholders to ensure a complete and accurate P&L forecast.
- Partner with business leaders to forecast headcount, operating expenses and capital expenditures.
- Partner with EU FP&A & Accounting & be prepared to get involved in projects & initiatives which go beyond the geographic scope outlined in this specification.
- Correlate key business decisions and their effect on financial trends.
- Drive efficiencies in the Finance organization & ensure optimal processes and work practices. Identify process deficiencies, offer viable and scalable solutions and drive cross-departmental collaboration to implement those solutions.
- The successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a matrix environment, challenge divergent opinions and seek consensus on issues where stakeholders have differing views.
- This applicant must be very comfortable with shifting priorities, multiple deadlines and serving several business partners.
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or Economics, a professional qualification in the aforementioned areas, or equivalent experience.
- Solid and proven experience forecasting a P&L and managing to budget at a corporate or business unit level.
- Ability to quickly grasp, manage and summarize complex data sets.
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills. Experience in creating new models as well as enhancing existing models.
- General understanding of local statutory accounting processes and concepts as well as key similarities and differences to US GAAP accounting.
- Experience with OLAP based financial planning software such as Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, Cognos, or Clarity strongly desired.
- Highly proficient oral and written English.
- Ability to build solid partnerships with Finance colleagues & business associates.
- Ability to work independently and to drive multiple projects efficiently & simultaneously.
- Strategic thinker, attention to detail & solid time management.
What we offer:
· Central London location in Victoria, walking distance from the tube station with what are probably the best views of London
· 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
· Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
· Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
· Life assurance
· Child care vouchers
· Private Health Care
· Access to pension scheme
· Salary Protection scheme
· Annual appraisal and salary review
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan (all employees have access to this)
In addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated and dynamic team, supported by a Company with a desire to deliver exceptional service to our customers and outstanding business performance.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top