FinOps Business Analyst
Have you imagined an opportunity where you could leverage your accounting knowledge to help build out a world class finance organization? Perhaps you have participated in a systems implementation that raised your curiosity about how systems can enable efficient processes and financial metrics/reporting. HA is seeking a FinOps Business Analyst to operationalize various processes within the global finance organization. This role will be a member of the Financial Operations team reporting to the Finance Operations Manager.
The FinOps Business Analyst will be accountable for end to end chart of account maintenance in Oracle Financials GL and ensuring other systems (Hyperion and Expedia Oracle) are in sync. This role will also serve as a dual administrator for key Finance wiki pages which involves curating, updating and communicating out content in a timely manner. In addition, this role will perform a variety of finance operational projects that will improve processes and increase transparency in the finance organization.
A successful candidate will:
• Have solid experience in accounting processes and concepts with a good understanding of forecasting processes and methodology.
• Have a strong customer service mindset with the ability to communicate effectively and balance different stakeholder needs.
• Be proactive and self-motivated; and take ownership and responsibility for work product
• Have a high level of curiosity with a strong aptitude for learning.
• Be comfortable with working in an entrepreneurial organization where processes are not always well-defined and the environment is extremely fast-paced requiring agility and quick adjustments.
• Build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers and other individuals
• Perform end to end process for monthly Oracle chart of account changes (gathering requests, performing analysis, providing recommendations, and implementing in Oracle)
• Review and curate the chart of accounts (utilizing a standard naming convention, analyzing usage and end-dating values)
• Ensure Oracle chart of accounts is in sync with Hyperion and Expedia Oracle
• Create COA reference materials and communicate/distribute in a timely manner
• Serve as administrator to several key Finance wiki pages by curating content, displaying information in a concise manner and communicating out updates to stakeholders
• Assist the Finance Operations manager in evaluating, testing and implementing process gap solutions.
• Perform various ad-hoc analysis to support FP&A/Finance road map issues (gathering and compiling data with appropriate conclusions and recommendations)
• Establish project plans, manage time and resources to successfully meet project milestones.
• Assist the Finance Operations manager in educating the FP&A community on key data sources, systems, processes and resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• 3+ years of related and progressive experience in finance and/or accounting roles.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate diligently, in both verbal and written forms, across various audiences.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Experience with different collaboration tools such as confluence, JIRA, and slack.
• Experience utilizing large scale ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or Hyperion preferred.
• Experience working within a team as well as individually in a fast-paced environment
• Great Medical & Dental Plans
• Competitive Salary
• Target Annual Bonus
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• 4-weeks Paid Vacation
• Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
• 401(k) matching
• Free snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top