Financial Analyst Level 2
HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family ofbrands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace ofvacation rentals, with sites representing more than 1M paid vacation rentalhome listings throughout 16 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selectionof vacation homes that provide travellers with memorable experiences andbenefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditionalhotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental ownersand property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a Financial Analyst tojoin our regional commercial finance team in Sydney, Australia. This team is apart of the worldwide Financial Planning & Analysis organization. Thisrole reports to the Regional Financial Analyst based in Sydney. Commercialfinance’s charge is to provide for a common language and data drivenhypotheses, which can be validated through a test and learn approach to enableexceptional analytical insights, influencing faster and better businessdecisions.
This emerging commercial finance team has aglobal role of supporting our retail business organization, local markets, andglobal cost areas. The commercial organization is charged with maximizingrevenues through diligent investments which have most optimal return to thebusiness. The commercial finance team leads and manages the global weeklytrading meeting and topline pacing analysis, monthly business review ofcontribution margins, quarterly forecasting, and annual planning. Theteam is also responsible for in-quarter management of EBITDArisks/opportunities, creation of commercial financial targets, and analysis tosupport financial trade off’s across regions and lines of business for optimalreturn. This group supports global sales, pricing, and forecasting of supplyand demand.
The Sydney based financial analyst role alongwith the regional financial analyst will be responsible for analyzing andreporting the commercial story for the ANZ region on a weekly and monthly basisand communicate the story to the global commercial team along with local and globalbusiness partners. This role will work through the regular forecastand budget processes as well as with special projects as needed.
To be successful, the candidatemust be exceptional in the following areas:
· Work very comfortably and effectively with large volumes of datafrom a variety of sources and formats in both in SQL and Excel
· Ability to learn and adapt very quickly to a changing businessmodel and business environment
· The candidate must have an even temper and calm demeanor toworking in a fast passed environment with long-term and short-term deadlines alongwith ad hoc projects from finance and business partners
· Bachelors in Finance, Business, or Economics with 3-5 Years of experienceas a financial analysis with an emphasis on top line forecasting
· Intermediate level SQL coding skills are a must
· Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel skills to solvebusiness problems and understand statistical significance in a repeatable andsustainable form, including such tools as regression, V-LookUp, SumIf, SumProduct, Index Match, and Goal Seek
· Experience analyzing large volumes of data from different sourceswith an ability to synthesize it into trends and actionable recommendations.
· Experience forecasting sales and revenue and associated metricsalong with headcount and expense for multiple lines of business.
· Advanced Excel modeling skills that span new “from scratch”initiatives as well as improving the efficiency and accuracy in existingmodels.
· Exceptional time management skills for working globally and achievingmultiple priorities on time and in a quality fashion.
· Experience with financial ERPs or other OLAP based financialplanning software such as Hyperion, Prophix, Adaptive, or Cognos.
· Solid understanding of accounting processes andconcepts including USGAAP.
· Experience with Tableau and/or Periscope, preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around theworld on a yearly basis
- Free snacks and beverages
Back to top