About the Role:
HomeAway is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our regional commercialfinance team in Sydney, Australia. This team is apart of the worldwideFinancial Planning & Analysis organization and the role reports to theRegional Financial Analyst based in Sydney.
The role will be responsible for analysing and reporting the commercialstory for the ANZ region on a weekly and monthly basis and communicate thestory to the global commercial team along with local and global businesspartners. This role will work through the regular forecast and budget processesas well as with special projects as needed.
- Work very comfortably and effectively with large volumes of data from a variety of sources and formats in both in SQL and Excel
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly to a changing business model and business environment
- The candidate must have an even temper and calm demeanour to working in a fast paced environment with long-term and short-term deadlines along with ad hoc projects from finance and business partners
- Bachelors in Finance, Business, or Economics with 3-5 Years of experience as a financial analysis with an emphasis on top line forecasting
- Intermediate level SQL coding skills are a must
- Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel skills to solve business problems
- Experience analysing large volumes of data from different sources with an ability to synthesize it into trends and actionable recommendations.
- Experience forecasting sales and revenue and associated metrics along with headcount and expense for multiple lines of business.
- Experience with financial ERPs or other OLAP based financial planning software such as Hyperion, Prophix, Adaptive, or Cognos.
- Experience with Tableau and/or Periscope, preferred.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top