Finance Analyst - Product
FinancialAnalyst – Product Group
HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals, with sites representing more than 1.4M paid vacation rental home listings throughout 168 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a Financial Analyst to be part of our commercial finance team at its headquarters in Austin, Texas. This team is a part of the worldwideFinancial Planning & Analysis organization. This role reports to the Global Cost Manager based in Austin. The charge of Global Cost is to provide for a common language and data driven hypotheses, which can be validated through a test and learn approach to enable exceptional analytical insights, influencing faster and better business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing R&D investments, understand their return and be able to synthesize that information into actionable recommendations, solutions and predictive output. This person will have solid and proven experience monitoring, analyzing and forecasting headcount and cost in a high volume, ever changing environment. Additionally we are looking for experience with OLAP based financial planning software such asHyperion, Adaptive Planning, or Cognos and a general understanding of accounting processes and concepts including USGAAP accounting. The candidate must be comfortable with working in an entrepreneurial organization where processes are not always well-defined and the environment is extremely fast-paced requiring agility and quick adjustments. Despite the pace,this person needs to bring process, automation, scale and predictability in the solutions they drive. The ideal candidate will know how to analyze data to uncover trends, use them in a predictive environment and report on progress against key metrics with respect to headcount and expense. The candidate will have a strong appetite for professional growth, development and real time feedback along with a desire to progress in the FP&A organization at HomeAway. Handling multiple priorities and managing the interests of multiple stake holders is a must. This person must be able to take leadership and ownership beyond their area of responsibility, driving the business strategically and improving productivity and efficiency by connecting the dots across the various functions of the team and business. The ideal candidate will be excited to join a team of hard workers, and know how not to take them self too seriously while bringing their own sense of fun to ourUS office and worldwide FP&A team.
The Financial Analyst will be accountable for effectively monitoring this seasonal business using analytics to predict financial outcomes including weekly tracking of head count and spend cadence, ROI analysis on investments, monthly reporting and trending, quarterly detailed re-forecast and annual budgeting. This analyst will be the right-hand person for all things Product related. This person will be responsible for building strong working relationships with Product leaders as well as ourChief Product Officer. Additionally, the analyst will develop & require a deep understanding of our global cost structure in terms of metrics, productivity, seasonality and key cost drivers. The analyst will need to forge solid relationships with local finance colleagues to understand and remain plugged into local operating models, processes and procedures. In this capacity, this person will be able to identify, analyze and communicate current global trends and most importantly their impact on forward looking financial forecasts. Finally this person will drive efficiency in the Finance organization by identifying process deficiencies, offering viable and scalable solutions and driving cross-departmental collaboration to implement those solutions.
- 6+ Years of experience in financial analysis,including executive level partnership and an emphasis in cost and head count,preferably supporting a product or R&D organization.
- Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel skills to solve business problems, including such tools as VLookUp, HLookUp,SumIf, SumProduct and IndexMatch.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing large volumes of data with an ability to synthesize it into trends and actionable recommendations, in an executive format.
- Experience forecasting head count and expense,managing to budget for multiple departments.
- Dynamic financial modeling skills to drive actionable productivity recommendations
- Exceptional communication and time management skills for working globally and achieving multiple priorities on time and in a quality fashion.
- OLAP based financial planning software experience such as Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, Cognos.
- Solid foundational understanding of accounting processes and concepts including USGAAP.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Competitive Salary
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4-weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounted Vacation Rental on a yearly basis(taxable benefit)
- 401(k) matching
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free snacks and beverages
Back to top