Experience Designer, Native Mobile
Global Experience Design Group
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of travelers visiting our site per year and serve more than one billion page views per month. At HomeAway, our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace. With over one million live vacation rental listings in 190 countries, we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As an Experience Designer for HomeAway’s Global Experience Design Group, you’ll thrive at the intersection of the user, data, technology and design. You’ll place a deep focus on the user to help you keenly understand user experience problems and opportunities. That understanding enables you to craft compelling solutions that are intuitive, thoughtful, simple and delightful. If you thrive in a positive environment; where a supportive, talented and passionate design community who inspire each other to take their craft to the next level surrounds you, then keep reading.
Is this you?
- You tap data to understand your audience and their behaviors.
- Your portfolio proves that small details, taste and craftsmanship are of great importance.
- You embrace design thinking. From clearly identified hypotheses to problem solving, your iterative design process is one that allows you to craft, test and
- You leverage tried and true practices, but when necessary you invent the new standard.
- You identify, investigate and validate design problems within multi-disciplinary teams while developing a broader systemic design sensibility and tactical
- You are a champion for the team and by working hard, respectfully and humbly, you earn trust and respect from your colleagues and managers.
- You are constantly sketching and exploring the spectrum of possibility. You prototype your ideas in order to get them in front of users so you can learn and
iterate towards excellence.
- You know good enough isn’t good enough and your passion for excellence shows in your work.
- You aren’t limited by device or platform, yet you are versed in responsive web and native mobile.
- You don’t believe hierarchies make you a better designer, but you want to be rewarded and acknowledged for your great work.
- You are equal part Interaction Designer, Visual Designer and Prototyper.
- MFA, BFA or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 plus years of experience in web (responsive desired),native mobile, product, graphic, interaction or information design.
- In depth knowledge of design principles and experience working through end-to-end product life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge in multi-screen layout, final production art, information design, typography, color, composition, flows and UI specifications.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote or other visual design, wire-framing and prototyping tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Impressive portfolio that you’re proud of.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Company stock (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Back to top