Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
About Global Creative Studio:
The Global Creative Studio (GCS) is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand and Integrated Marketing team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-caliber, multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travelers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on editorial channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the HomeAway story around the world.
HomeAway is looking for a multi-faceted Experience Designer to join, contribute, and work within our Global Creative Studio and help deliver award-winning, world-class creative.
This is a role that sits at the cross roads of Experience Design and Visual Design. Reporting to the Creative Design Manager, your focus will be to set the design direction through a hands-on approach for integrated marketing materials. This will include creating digital experiences for marketing campaigns and as well as a designing a variety of digital assets and content. You will work alongside a team of Designers, Writers, Developers and Videographers to bring ideas to life. Along the way you will help set a high standard of user experience, meeting deadlines and working within brand guidelines.
What you bring:
- Equal parts Experience Designer, Visual Designer and Interaction Designer.
- Create wireframes and user flow while at the same time executing a visual design.
- Recognize the importance of the fine details and your designs illustrate your obsession with those details.
- Create synergy between push communication and landing page experiences and where to apply action.
- Understand what it means to create an immersive experience and know how those experiences can build brands.
- Use omni-channel thinking and can take an idea from concept through final execution.
- Understand human-centered design and have empathy as you approach creative challenges.
- You are a creative problem solver and can evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas.
- Have creative confidence, think big and have the ability to act on your ideas.
- Appreciate data and can translate it into big ideas.
- Develop clear design strategies for how, what and when to test an experience.
- Share your ideas and inspire those around you.
- Know the beauty that exists in simplicity.
- Know constraints are inevitable, but can often drive innovation.
- You’ve failed, but you’ve learned from failure.
- Embrace ambiguity and love to explore different possibilities as you search for the right answer.
- Present your work in a way that captivates your audience.
- You are optimistic and tend to focus on the ‘what could be’. To you, problems are simply solutions waiting to be found.
- Have a sense of humor and thrive in collaborative environments.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking.
- Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. Sketch, PhotoShop and Illustrator as well as wire-framing and prototyping tools).
- Understanding of a programmatic driven content.
- Experience working with dynamic content and customer segmentation.
- Expertise in multi-screen design principles, UI design and information design.
- Well versed in responsive web and native mobile.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Experience working in an agile team operation.
- 3+ years of digital agency or related experience.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top