HomeAway is the world leader in holiday rentals with sites representing more than 2 million unique places to stay. Our mission is to help families and friends make unforgettable holiday memories and make every vacation rental in the world available to everyone through our online marketplace.
We are looking for an Event Marketing Manager who is skilled at activating brands through unique offline experiences and events. This role will work side by side with the regional and country marketing managers and report to the Director of Local Marketing.
The role holder would own event strategy and execution on a local level including B2C and B2B focused events. You would also be responsible for exploring new potential event partnerships and approach to help build the HomeAway Brand and engage travelers.
• Developing HomeAway’s event strategy, defining the annual roadmap
• Executing offline events and sponsorships:
o 3rd Party Owner, Property Manager, and PMSC Event Sponsorships (30%)
o FRBO recruitment events
o Develop traveller annual sponsorship and events calendar
• Measuring relevant event performance metrics.
• Work with internal creative services as well as outside vendors for booth setup / breakdown and provision of giveaways
• On-site execution of events as necessary
• Execute the communication plan to ensure successful attendance and visibility of the events with support of social, media and PR teams
• A demonstrable history of sales / marketing experience, with solid event planning experience
• Deep understanding of the latest trends in event marketing and experiential marketing
• Detailed-oriented with proven project management skills with the ability to manage requirements from multiple stakeholders from various business groups to align to a cohesive event approach
• Creative problem solving and ability to manage changing requirements or last minute problems with composure
• Independent worker who consistently meets tight deadlines and is flexible & confident in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to provide strategic planning for the customer experience at an Event, including measuring results and effectiveness
• Experience working with event agencies a plus.