European Fraud Data Analyst
To successfully support the company’s growth in the UK, HomeAway requires an European Fraud Data Analyst, based in London. This position will report directly into the Head of Global Risk Management Solutions.
• Analyze and respond to fraud threats; lessen the time to identify emerging threats through the use of analytics and fraud profiling.
• Responsible for identifying rule opportunities with an eye toward continuously improving the existing rules set within the Global Rules engine while monitoring performance for assigned region.
• Monitor queued transactions pending manual review for the Trust and Security team to ensure rule performance meets expectations.
• Coordinate with regional leadership for queued transaction processing. Work day to day with Trust and Security Agents / Fraud Analysts.
• Be familiar with, modify, maintain and create new Global and Local Risk Management metrics and reports that proactively identify emerging fraud and risk threats as well as keep management informed of trends and performance.
• Remain current on new technology, emerging fraud & risk trends, external tools, data providers and industry best practices as they relate to fraud prevention and risk mitigation.
• Contribute to reports for Executive Management and other key stakeholders.
• Contribute to innovative ideas; provide thought leadership to greater Risk Management team.
• Provide ongoing analysis and insight into fraud trends targeting HomeAway customers.
• A proven experience in Data analysis or Customer Behavior Analysis.
• A confirmed experience in fraud and risk management, knowledge of e-Commerce and credit card fraud.
• A good understanding of common and creative techniques used by fraudsters to exploit financial systems/payment systems and e-commerce processes.
• Demonstrated intermediate level Excel skills. Including the ability to quickly generate pivot tables, charts coupled with business analysis and formulated recommendations based on the data.
• Demonstrated intermediate level SQL or similar query language experience with medium sized data sets (10k+ rows). Strong problem solving skills data-driven thinking in all areas of risk management using complex tools and technology systems.
• Enthusiastic about working in fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands.
• High level of professionalism, energy, passion for fighting fraud, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
• Programming experience and/or experience with rules-based risk management solution is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, SPSS, SAS etc) is a plus.
• Experience creating, publishing and maintaining reports using analytics platform, (Tableau, BI etc) is a plus.
What do we have to offer?
• Central London location in Victoria, walking distance from the tube station with what are probably the best views of London
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
• Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
• Life assurance
• Child care vouchers
• Private Health Care
• Access to pension scheme
• Salary Protection scheme
• Annual appraisal and salary review
In addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast. You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated team, supported by a Company with a desire to deliver exceptional service to our customers and outstanding business performance.
Who are we?
HomeAway, Inc., based in Austin, Texas, the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals.
Through HomeAway, owners and property managers offer an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top