EU Program Operations Lead - German speaker
EU Program Operations Lead – Global Business Development (Role will be based in London, England) (Fluency in English and German required).
HomeAway is the global leader in vacation rentals (VR). VRs represent the second largest travel accommodation option, behind only traditional hotels and resorts. Further, they are the fastest growing segment within the travel accommodations industry. In the coming years, HomeAway aspires to hyper-charge VR industry growth by taking this category mainstream. HomeAway is looking for an EU Program Operations Lead within the Global Business Development group to help it chart and navigate a clear course for industry leadership through various business development partnerships. This role will have a particular focus in helping to acquire, implement and grow relationships across Europe. HomeAway is actively seeking exceptional candidates who have demonstrated:
1) Exceptional project management ability.
2) Successful leadership of highly complex, cross-functional projects.
3) Interest and experience in consumer and/or technology products.
4) Passion for the VR industry and a desire take this category mainstream.
Primary responsibilities: The EU Program Operations Lead will report directly to the EU Program Operations Manager and be responsible for:
EU business development strategy and acquisition (20%)
· Work with the Global Business Development team to develop a clear/crisp partnership strategy and prioritization for opportunities related to all HomeAway brands in the region (i.e., HomeAway, OwnersDirect, Fewo-Direkt, Abritel, Homelidays,etc.).
· Identify potential partners to include in the HomeAway partnership program.
· Help negotiate and structure partnership contracts/agreements.
EU business development program operations (80%)
· Work effectively across all business and support functions at HomeAway (i.e.,Executive management, Corporate strategy, Corporate business intelligence,Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product and development, eCommerce, etc.) to ensure timely delivery of world-class partnerships.
· Pre-integration: Assess partner software capabilities and environment and provide technical information about HomeAway service integration capabilities.
· Integration: Work hand-in-hand with the HomeAway Product Marketing, Product and Development teams to coordinate partner integration and help resolve technical issues as they arise.
· Post-integration: Serve as the primary contact for all partner communications and help to maximize partner success through service integration, partner satisfaction, partner customer penetration and revenue generation. Serve as the primary partner point of escalation to resolve any and all business and technical issues while ensuring partner compliance with partnership agreements. Coordinate with HomeAway Marketing teams to design and implement effective co-marketing campaigns to develop awareness about HomeAway partner integrations. Coordinate with HomeAway Sales teams to achieve the highest level of penetration in the customer base of each partner and maximize revenue generation. Develop and maintain reporting on partnership effectiveness to include: Computation of partner financial incentives, tier-levels and benefits, and measurement of key performance indicators (e.g., Customer penetration, Partner NPS,Incremental revenue generation, etc.).
· A strong record of academic excellence: College/University degree combining business, computer science and/or IT a plus. MBA from a top program a plus.
· Multiple language proficiency in a business setting a strong plus: English and German are required.
· A strong record of professional performance: at least 4 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in travel and/or vacation rentals a strong plus.
- Experience in consumer products and/or technology/web/eCommerce a strong plus.
- Experience in with business development in a web-based B2B environment a strong plus.
· Experience with agile work-flow and technologies a strong plus:o SalesForce, JIRA, Atlassian, etc.
· Technical understanding of integration technologies and management software a strong plus: XML,APIs, etc.
· Repeated experience managing partnerships in a collaborative, cross-functional project setting, with or without direct reporting relationships.
· Exception analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
· The ability to communicate complex business problems and insights to a wide audience.
· A senior management perspective with solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to drive to action despite incomplete information.
· A true passion for the travel and vacation rental industries.
· Direct access to the VP of Corporate Strategy & Development.
· Access to all key management across HomeAway.
· Highly competitive wage, bonus and benefits package.
· Domestic and international travel ~4-8x (or more) annually.
· Free, in-office, snacks and beverages.
About HomeAway, Inc. (AWAY): HomeAway, Inc.based in Austin, Texas, is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than one million paid listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries. Through HomeAway, owners and property managers offer an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide traveler swith memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. The HomeAway portfolio includes the leading vacation rental websites HomeAway.com, VRBO.com andVacationRentals.com in the United States; HomeAway.co.uk and OwnersDirect.co.ukin the United Kingdom; HomeAway.de in Germany; Abritel.fr and Homelidays.com in France; HomeAway.es and Toprural.es in Spain; AlugueTemporada.com.br in Brazil;HomeAway.com.au and Stayz.com.au in Australia; Bookabach.co.nz in New Zealandand HomeAway.asia across APAC. HomeAway also operates BedandBreakfast.com, the most comprehensive global site for finding bed-and-breakfast properties, providing travelers with another source for unique lodging alternatives to chain hotels.
Back to top