eCommerce Optimization & Sales Coach
The Global Sales Operations team is creating a new eCommerce optimization sales coaching position based in Austin. This position will focus on supporting our sales managers to constantly improve their teams’ knowledge and ability to improve and optimize our Partner’s online Marketplace advertising products. They will be responsible for working directly with sales management and sales representatives to conduct coaching activity for the US Property Management sales team to continuously professionalize and improve effectiveness. They will build strong relationships with Sales Managers and provide on-going training and coaching delivery support and consultation to a team of approximately 30 sellers. They will report directly to the Manager, Americas Sales Training Delivery and Coaching and will need to work effectively in a matrix environment with a dotted line reporting relationship to the US sales leadership team.
- Partner with sales leadership to identify and establish innovative and ongoing coaching methods to develop the team with a primary focus on working with sales representatives to optimize our eCommerce partners online marketplace property listings while improving sales skills such as objection handling, initiating a sales call, closing, qualifying, discovery, establishing rapport, call planning, selling value and return on investment etc.
- Conduct individual and/or group call monitoring/side by side coaching to evaluate call quality with respect to maximizing sales performance
- Conduct 1:1 coaching sessions and write call coaching reviews
- Conduct classroom-based sales skills sessions for new hires and existing team as needed
- Conduct mini course-correction coaching lessons as needed
- Develop sales skills messaging talk tracks for new products and roles
- Collaborate and share best practices with sales coaches in other regions
- Coach to Consultative Value Based approach focusing on current business initiatives like Gross Booking Value, Conversion of online property advertisements etc…
- Coach to activity (Number of calls, Contact Rate, Close rate, Call Quality)
- Work with sales managers to conduct regular group coaching sessions for individuals and classroom trainings
- Collaborate with global instructional designers to update sales training materials and incorporate role playing and sales skills exercises
- Support adherence to sales process to ensure consistent customer engagement, sales messaging, and process (call monitoring facilitation & reporting, time studies)
- 80% training and coaching delivery – 20% training development and global training support
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience in sales (B2B, & B2C call center experience a plus)
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience in sales skills coaching and training delivery
- The ideal candidate has experience analyzing online marketplace conversion metrics to optimize and improve eCommerce advertising performance to achieve customer expectations and drive customer retention
- The ideal candidate would have gained experience in a sales position then moved to a sales training and coaching role
- The ideal candidate would have a passion and talent for selling and coaching sales agents to improve their selling skills
- Experience leading group training classes and/or public speaking
- The ideal candidate is comfortable selling value and return on investment
- Knowledge of and respect for instructional design and development principles
- Ability to work under pressure & adapt to rapidly changing products, deadlines, & requirements.
- Coaching or relevant certification a plus
Must be a self-starter, have a bias for action and be able to drive for sales results.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top