Director, Partner Success Training and Coaching
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is the global leader in vacation rentals (VR). VRs represent the second largest travel accommodation option, behind only traditional hotels and resorts. Further, they are the fastest growing segment within the travel accommodations industry. In the coming years, HomeAway aspires to hyper-charge VR industry growth by taking this category mainstream.
HomeAway is actively seeking exceptional candidates who have demonstrated:
- Exceptional project management ability.
- Successful leadership of highly complex, cross-functional projects.
- Interest and experience in consumer and/or technology products.
- Passion for the VR industry and a desire take this category mainstream.
We enable our Partner Success Teams to help our Partners compete in their markets by guiding them with insights of how to optimize their properties in the marketplace. We’re looking for a Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching to lead a team to ensure we stay engaged, scale and heighten our partners’ success.
Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching is responsible for some of the first interactions with HomeAway, so we are looking for someone who can help the Partner Success teams to engage, support and develop throughout the entirety of their HomeAway lifecycle. The Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching knows how to create and communicate a training philosophy and vision that will affect change through engaged leadership. They understand the future direction of the business and adapt the training delivery strategy accordingly. They collaborate with their cross functional teams to generate innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
The Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching proactively aligns with stakeholders, capabilities, and resources to achieve complex objectives quickly. They display a strong partner focus and ability to effectively build relationships, earn trust, and establish credibility. The leader cultivates strong partnerships across the organization to ensure we are balancing HomeAway and Partner needs. They are a strong communicator cross-functionally, cross-culturally and across levels, working closely with Partner Success Team leadership, outsource providers and senior leaders to meet business needs.
The Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching is committed to fostering a positive team environment where challenge is expected and fearlessness is celebrated. Our bar is high; The Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching feels a great deal of ownership, strives to make themselves better, and can bring out the very best in their peers and their teams.
Director, Partner Success Training & Coaching will:
- Lead a team of trainers, coaches, content development, and training delivery teams focused on developing Partner Success teams’ skills in our US and international locations.
- Develop the Operating model & infrastructure for training and development programs by establishing standardized methods for delivery, evaluation, measurement, performance.
- Leverage technology, seeking out innovative learning and communication practice.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships that align training delivery with operational success.
- Utilize multiple channels and tools to support a broad array of learners and learning objectives, such as digital learning (videos, e-Learning, online tools), virtual instructor-led training, instructor-led training, job aids, gamification, simulations, assessments, coaching and mentoring.
- Establish and maintain a reliably high level of quality in training delivery at our partner sites that meets or exceeds our internal operational standards.
- Demonstrate excellent project management, planning and analytical skills.
- Drive continuous improvement by objectively reviewing processes and programs, seeking best practices from Operations and utilizing input to establish global standards.
- Assess and track training effectiveness using metrics, linking decisions to business results.
- Influence and negotiate business outcomes through data-driven recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7-10 years’ experience; 3-5 managing a high-performance team.
- Experience managing managers in a matrixed organization.
- Experience in project management and facilitation of process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitation & presentation experience at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated creativity in problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority at levels higher and lower than one’s own.
- Experience in travel and/or vacation rentals a strong plus.
- Experience in eCommerce and/or technology, web, consumer products a strong plus.
- Experience in with business development in a web-based B2B environment a strong plus.
- Experience with agile work-flow and technologies a strong plus: SalesForce, JIRA, Atlassian, etc.
- Technical understanding of integration technologies and management software a strong plus: XML, APIs, etc.
- Exceptional analytic horsepower to drive analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to drive to action despite incomplete information.
- Master’s Degree.
- Educational background.
- Training and/or Quality Management experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- Managing or supporting a global workforce.
- Decisive, confident, positive attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment working in stressful situations.
- Budget management experience and knowledge of key business financial metrics.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top