Director of Product Management - Marketplace Health
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
We have an exciting opportunity for Director of Software Product Management (Marketplace Health) to join our product team in Austin, TX. We’re looking for a leader that will champion programs and initiatives that drive the best outcomes for travelers and partners in the HomeAway marketplace. You will manage a team to the deliver a vision for products and policies that encourage positive behavior and reduce friction points throughout the process of booking vacation rentals globally.
What will you be responsible for:
- Drive the vision and delivery of the Marketplace Health policy and product portfolio to remove marketplace friction points to successful bookings such as cancellations, fees and off platform transactions.
- Collaborate across Traveler, Partner and Mobile product line teams to improve conversion in the traveler and partner booking experience.
- Act as the product champion and evangelize the product vision effectively to stakeholders and independently drive alignment on product requirements.
- Evolve marketplace features through a “build, measure, learn” approach, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of customer behaviors.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap for our platform.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Technical Leaders to understand how to develop the business case for innovative, revolutionary and disruptive new capabilities.
- Collaborate with the development teams to evaluate technical options. Work closely with business and technology teams to prioritize and schedule enhancements, new features and fixes.
- Drive the cross group working sessions to ensure alignment for strategic initiatives.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues, communicating with global business stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Track and report on key metrics.
What will you bring:
- 10+ years of product management experience
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our vacation rental owners and managers
- Proven track record of managing multiple product lines and delivering releases on schedule
- Demonstrated experience leveraging product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and drive collaborative decisions
- Superior knowledge of building excellent products and solutions
- Demonstrated track record of building and managing high caliber product teams
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred
- BS or BA in related field, MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Will oversees several teams of developers, working with them in designing and building software solutions for successfully marketing HomeAway listings to customers.
Back to top