Director of Corporate Strategy
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway, an Expedia Inc brand, is looking for a Director of Corporate Strategy to help chart and navigate a clear course for vacation rental industry leadership. This path will be grounded in helping HomeAway expand its platform to a sophisticated global consumer to consumer e-commerce marketplace.
- Collaborate with HomeAway’s executive and senior management teams to develop and implement strategic priorities.
- Work effectively across all business and support functions (Executive Management, Corporate Strategy, Business Intelligence, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product and Technology) to coordinate activities and lead strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate and conduct the strategy process; lead teams in the framing of complex business challenges, understand the “big picture” quickly, identify key issues, prioritize analysis & drive subsequent analysis to arrive at a well structured solution.
- Derive insights from internal and external data that enables leadership to make critical business and investment decisions.
- Over five years of strategic work experience in top tier consulting or investment banking.
- An MBA from a top program with a record of academic excellence.
- Experience managing people in a collaborative, cross-functional project setting with or without direct reporting relationship.
- Exceptional modeling skills (SQL, Excel) analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
- The ability to communicate complex business problems and insights to a wide audience.
- Senior management perspective with solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to drive to action despite incomplete information.
- Experience in travel and/or vacation rentals and/or the web a strong plus.
- True passion for the travel and vacation rental industries with desire to form on-going industry relationships.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top