Director, ANZ Sales and Supply
Director, ANZ Sales andSupply
Educationrequired: Bachelor degree
Experiencerequired: 8-10 years
Division: HomeAway (Stayz and Bookabach)
The Director, ANZ Sales and Supply is responsible for leading accountmanagement teams within Australia and New Zealand, covering both business-to-consumer(For Rent by Owner, “FRBO”) and business-to-business (Property Manager, “PM”) segments.
The leader is responsible for achieving ANZ Gross Booking Value(GBV), revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals across all ANZ keydestinations.
The role will manage teams to optimize supply for bookingconversion, content, rates, and calendar availability, acquire attractive inventory in high valuedestinations, and develop strong partner relationships.
• Directly lead and develop the ANZSales and Supply Sales teams. Position reports to VP, Global Sales and willwork closely to align the ANZ sales and supply efforts with the global sales andsupply strategy and to develop a sales culture integrated into the overallglobal sales culture.
• Lead the Sales and Supply team’s continuingtransformation from achieving acquisition sales, retention, and upsell targetsset at the Brand level, to achieving GBV, revenue, supply and supplycompetitiveness goals for ANZ’s key destinations.
• Drive innovation utilizing a testand learn methodology, A/B test/control testing, and tracking incremental ROIof sales programs.
• Collaborate with Regional Director,ANZ to ensure sales and supply initiatives are aligned with overall ANZstrategy, and to focus sales and supply efforts on key destinations within theRD’s country of focus.
• Lead a strong operational(processes) and technical (systems and tools) integration with Marketing, inparticular for the FRBO segment, to realize a CRM proposition where Sales andSupply execution is a component fully integrated into broader end to end Marketingand Sales campaigns.
• Ongoing optimization of staffinglevels and sales processes to drive increasing productivity while achievingsales and supply targets.
• Manage the ANZ operating modelacross all sales teams including weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates,forecasts, action plans, and business reviews.
• Engage with partner departments includingCustomer Service (key account support), FP&A (sales forecasting/budgeting,headcount planning, and expense budgeting), HR (talent acquisition, talent management,and compensation planning), BD (partner channel operations), and Sales Ops (salestraining, creation of sales budgets, reporting, and partner onboarding).
• Build the company profile withkey local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, channel partners, etc.) and representthe company at key industry trade shows and events, in collaboration withMarketing.
• Develop and sustain strong partnerrelationships by ensuring partner ROI and booking volume objectives areachieved through regular partner contact and engagement, including settingmutual shared success goals with partners.
• Lead the execution of overallmarket business plans to meet or exceed KPI metrics (targets, goals and/orstrategic objectives) set by global sales and supply leadership
• Effectively manage workingrelationships, team's productivity and morale despite internal or externalpressures.
• Other reasonable duties, asassigned
Required Skills & Experience
• 5-10 years' experience and Bachelor’sor Master’s degree; degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administrationis a plus but not required
• Demonstrated success in leadingsales organizations through material change.
• Consistent track record ofachieving performance targets, while developing the team to prepare for changeneeded to be successful in the quarters and years ahead.
Travel and Destinations Experience
· Deepknowledge of the travel industry, including key players, market trends, highlevel requirements and success factors from a supply perspective.
· Deepunderstanding of supply competitive dynamics at a destination level, and ofoperating and organizational models allowing control on destinationperformance.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top