Director, ANZ Sales and Supply
Director, ANZ Sales andSupply
Education required: Bachelor degree
Experience required: 8-10 years
Division: HomeAway (Stayz and Bookabach)
The Director, ANZ Sales and Supply is responsible for leading account management teams within Australia and New Zealand, covering both business-to-consumer(For Rent by Owner, “FRBO”) and business-to-business (Property Manager, “PM”) segments.
The leader is responsible for achieving ANZ Gross Booking Value(GBV), revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals across all ANZ key destinations.
The role will manage teams to optimize supply for booking conversion, content, rates, and calendar availability, acquire attractive inventory in high value destinations, and develop strong partner relationships.
• Directly lead and develop the ANZ Sales and Supply Sales teams. Position reports to VP, Global Sales and will work closely to align the ANZ sales and supply efforts with the global sales and supply strategy and to develop a sales culture integrated into the overall global sales culture.
• Lead the Sales and Supply team’s continuing transformation from achieving acquisition sales, retention, and up sell targets set at the Brand level, to achieving GBV, revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals for ANZ’s key destinations.
• Drive innovation utilizing a test and learn methodology, A/B test/control testing, and tracking incremental ROI of sales programs.
• Collaborate with Regional Director,ANZ to ensure sales and supply initiatives are aligned with overall ANZ strategy, and to focus sales and supply efforts on key destinations within the RD’s country of focus.
• Lead a strong operational(processes) and technical (systems and tools) integration with Marketing, in particular for the FRBO segment, to realize a CRM proposition where Sales and Supply execution is a component fully integrated into broader end to end Marketing and Sales campaigns.
• Ongoing optimization of staffinglevels and sales processes to drive increasing productivity while achieving sales and supply targets.
• Manage the ANZ operating model across all sales teams including weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates,forecasts, action plans, and business reviews.
• Engage with partner departments including Customer Service (key account support), FP&A (sales forecasting/budgeting,headcount planning, and expense budgeting), HR (talent acquisition, talent management,and compensation planning), BD (partner channel operations), and Sales Ops (sales training, creation of sales budgets, reporting, and partner on boarding).
• Build the company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, channel partners, etc.) and represent the company at key industry trade shows and events, in collaboration with Marketing.
• Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by ensuring partner ROI and booking volume objectives are achieved through regular partner contact and engagement, including setting mutual shared success goals with partners.
• Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by global sales and supply leadership
• Effectively manage working relationships, team's productivity and morale despite internal or external pressures.
• Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
• 5-10 years' experience and Bachelor’s or Master’s degree; degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required
• Demonstrated success in leading sales organizations through material change.
• Consistent track record o fachieving performance targets, while developing the team to prepare for change needed to be successful in the quarters and years ahead.
Travel and Destinations Experience
· Deep knowledge of the travel industry, including key players, market trends, high level requirements and success factors from a supply perspective.
· Deep understanding of supply competitive dynamics at a destination level, and of operating and organizational models allowing control on destination performance.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top