Desktop Support Specialist
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have over one billion visitors per year and serve more than one billion page views per month.
HomeAway, Inc. is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry.
Our broader mission as part of the Expedia portfolio is to Revolutionize Travel through the Power of Technology.
- We are Passionate about Travel: We are a company of travelers who wake up every day with passion for what we do.
- We are Innovative: We use our collective intelligence to invent technology and create products to simplify and improve travel for our customers and partners.
- We are Enterprising: We relentlessly seek out opportunity. We take risks, act with speed and purpose, and always find a way to remove obstacles and get the job done.
We are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to work in our London office.
• Work on tickets in your personal queue
• Assist others on the team by working tickets from the global queue where possible or when needed
• Follow up and post an update on any tickets that have not been updated in the last 24 hours
• Complete Conference Room Checks (including Wallboards) and follow up on any issues or hardware faults
• Provide direct support for any walk ups and users throughout the London office
• Handle on-boarding and setup of all new equipment and desks for all staff joining the company
• Manage stock levels and inventory for all IT stock throughout the office
• Ensure new machines and built and configured ready to be issued to new starters/ upgrades for existing staff
• Ensure all IT areas and storage are organised and presentable at all times
• Report/escalate any issues from the office to be raised on the CorpIT daily call
• Assist with on-going projects for the ServiceDesk and other teams
• Come up with new projects for the following quarter
• 1 year work experience in ServiceDesk or IT Support Role
• Troubleshooting both Windows and Mac operating systems and hardware
• Understanding of Windows and OS X based software, especially Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop Clients and built-in utilities (Terminal, Activity Monitor, System Preferences, Console, Disk Utility)
• Experience with remote support and remote control tools
• Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP/DHCP
• Experience in managing Windows and OS X within an Active Directory environment
• Experience using a helpdesk/ ticketing system
• Basic understanding of WDS, GPOs, and OS X preference management.
• Be able to communicate over the phone with multi-national colleagues and take an active part in team meetings
• Passionate about IT and technology
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good communication skills and confidence to bond with the existing team and staff throughout the office
• Patience/methodical and logical approach to problem solving
• Time management skills
• Being able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to work with other more technical teams throughout the company
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top