Database Marketing Analyst
HomeAway is seeking a talented individual to help manage the coordination and execution of marketing email lifecycles by providing insight into how to leverage available data to improve campaign effectiveness. An ideal candidate will have experience with SQL, database management, project management, online marketing, and working with cross-functional teams. This position will work directly with marketing teams spanning HomeAway’s entire brand portfolio, including 20+ brands across 10 geographies around the world. Additionally, the role will work with our database, product, and development teams to support marketing efforts.
What will you do? You will
- Enable email marketing team to plan and execute both ad-hoc communications and lifecycle campaigns by providing dynamic and customizable data and outlining complex logic.
- Measure and analyse campaign effectiveness including email and conversion metrics
- Leverage email reporting tool to train marketing teams as well as identify trends and opportunities
- Extract data using SQL for marketing lists, campaign validation, and reporting
- Serve as a liaison with the central DBA team to ensure current projects and priorities are aligned with marketing initiatives.
What will you bring?
- Expert SQL knowledge required
- Expert knowledge of tableau and other analytics tools required
- Eloqua (or similar marketing automation tool) experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an analyst role
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and find creative solutions when faced with limitations
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity working with and basic understanding of databases, particularly leveraging a database for marketing communications- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of successfully collaborating across teams and geographies
- Flexibility and initiative as role and responsibilities evolve and change
- Desire to grow in responsibility and expand knowledge base.
What do we have to offer?
- Central London location in Victoria, walking distance from tube station and great views of London
- Attractive compensation plan
- chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast
- Modern office environment
- Every day is Dress Down Friday
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top