Data Scientist II - Marketing
We are looking for excellent Data Scientists to join our growing 20+ strong team. This position focuses on the measurement and optimization of advertising expenditure, so it is a good fit for those with backgrounds such as operations research, economics and marketing science, however we will consider qualified candidates from any technical background. This role will work closely with our marketing team to drive traffic to our massive e-commerce marketplace. The statistical learning algorithms you develop will impact tens of millions of dollars of advertising each year.
- Challenges to work on:
- Measure the impact of TV advertising.
- Optimize advertising based on user feedback from online ads.
- Build machine learning-based segmentation models.
- Develop and run AB tests
- Develop novel testing strategies
- Stay at the state of the art in advertising measurement by attending at the top conferences
- Work on larger programs/initiatives encompassing several projects that have a company-wide impact
- Apply best-in-class machine learning techniques to solve the business problem at hand
- • Produce novel insights with machine learning to inform company strategy
- • Assist others with data discovery and data preparation phase
- • Help build the core feedback loops to optimize advertising expenditure.
- • Work end-to-end on “studio projects” that you conceive, develop and land as a winner in the company
- • Attend conferences and read papers to stay on top of advancements in the field
- • 2+ years of experience in Data Science and analytics fields
- • Experience with programming languages such as R, Python, or Scala • Experience in processing and analyzing large scale data volumes, semi-structured and unstructured data and near real-time throughput
- • Experience applying the right ML model to solve business problems
- • Ability and passion to learn new techniques to stay on the cutting edge.
- • Experience working in Hadoop ecosystem
- • Strong database knowledge and expertise in SQL
- • Experience using visualization tools such as Tableau and Datameer
- • Good storytelling and presentation skills i.e be able to present business side of the story that data presents to c-team and business leaders
- • Masters or Ph.D in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- • Competitive health and insurance benefits
- • Competitive salary
- • Annual target bonus or commission
- • Generous paid vacation and sick time
- • Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- • Employee Stock Purchase Program
- • Free snacks and beverages
- • Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- • Free listing on HomeAway.com
- • Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- • Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- • Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top