Data Insight Analyst - Revenue Analytics - HomeAway & BedandBreakfast.com
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
BedandBreakfast.com (part of the HomeAway family of brands) is the leading website on bed and breakfasts and Inns around the world. Recently voted as one of the Top 10 Travel website in the world, we take pride in providing a great experience for a specialty travel niche. The BedandBreakfast.com team is small and nimble. We benefit from the best of both worlds – small group of passionate marketers with a fun brand, backed by a large company dedicated to investing in growth.
As a key member of our Revenue Analytics team you will support senior sales leadership by gathering, analyzing and reporting sales related data to derive high value actionable insights for both our customer acquisition and retention activities. You will partner with our sales organization to create financial models, forecasts and plans. Additionally you will serve as the key analytical resource for our Bed and Breakfast subsidiary becoming the resident expert on their key business operating metrics. You will partner closely with their senior leadership providing data driven recommendations that assist in driving strategy.
- Define business needs and key operating metrics,develop related analyses & models & provide recommendations
- Monitor operating unit performance, quickly& accurately identify areas of concern as well as areas of opportunity
- Create web analytics tracking requirements,conduct conversion reporting, analyze customer behavior & contribute to the continual testing and optimization of our websites & sales activities
- Partner with our data engineers to help define business requirements for our reporting layers
- Take complex business analyses and problems from concept to completion in a cross functional environment
- Exceptional analytical skills – comfortable working with large amounts of data with a willingness and ability to find creative solutions when faced with data limitations
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity –initiative to dig into the “why” of results
- Strong business acumen with solid communication& presentation skills
- 3+ years’ experience in business and/or sales improvement modeling
- Proven track record of analyzing complex business problems together with a demonstrated ability to collaborate in across functional environment
- Background in online marketplace type businesses/travel space a strong plus
- Advanced Excel skills a must
- Proficiency in SQL and other BI tools (Tableau,Datameer, Hadoop)
- Experience working with web metrics & web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of statistics (R) a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce and its various integrations
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Comfortable with uncertainty. Projects & assignments can change rapidly so the ability to prioritize is a must
- BA/BS degree required (MBA preferred)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
HomeAway, Inc. (an Expedia Brand) based in Austin, Texas, is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than one million paid listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries. Through HomeAway, owners and property managers offer an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. The HomeAway portfolio includes the leading vacation rental websites HomeAway.com, VRBO.com andVacationRentals.com in the United States; HomeAway.co.uk and OwnersDirect.co.uk in the United Kingdom; HomeAway.de in Germany; Abritel.fr and Homelidays.com inFrance; HomeAway.es and Toprural.es in Spain; AlugueTemporada.com.br in Brazil;HomeAway.com.au and Stayz.com.au in Australia; Bookabach.co.nz in New Zealand and HomeAway.asia
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top