Data Analyst - Revenue Transaction Funnel
HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals,with sites representing more than 1.4M paid vacation rental home listings throughout 168 countries. HomeAway® offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to be part of our commercial finance team at its headquarters in Austin, Texas. This team is a part of the worldwide Financial Planning & Analysis organization. This role reports to the Global Revenue Manager based in Austin. Commercial finance’s charge is to provide for a common language and data driven hypotheses, which can be validated through a test and learn approach to enable exceptional analytical insights, influencing faster and better business decisions.
This emerging commercial finance team has a global role supporting our retail business organization, local markets, and global cost areas. The commercial organizations charged with maximizing revenues through diligent investments which have most optimal return to the business. The commercial finance team leads and manages the global weekly trading meeting and top line pacing analysis, monthly business review of contribution margins,quarterly forecasting, and annual planning. The team is also responsible for in-quarter management of EBITDA risks/opportunities, creation of commercial financial targets, and analysis to support financial trade-offs across regions and lines of business for optimal return. This group supports global sales, pricing, and forecasting of supply and demand.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be accountable for understanding, reporting on, trending and forecasting the demand side of our business. This entails deep analysis of traffic and conversion metrics across multiple customer segments and channels to accurately predict transactional demand or bookings. The role requires the ability to efficiently mine, analyze and manage very large volumes of data. Understand and uncover the global and regional or customer trends, mix impacts, and produce a demand forecast each week.
- This global role is very fast paced and requires an incredible amount of agility, speed without sacrificing accuracy, and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- The candidate will work very globally and cross functionally with the regional finance teams, product teams, marketing channels, business intelligence. Effective communications skills, both verbal and written, are crucial.
- Develop a deep understanding of our commercial metrics, and how the business really works to impact those metrics. Use this understanding to identify, analyze and communicate current trends and, most importantly, their impact on forward looking financial forecasts. This will be accomplished through deep knowledge of our products, supplier value proposition, and traveler behavior.
- Mine and work very comfortably and effectively with large volumes of data, both in SQL,Python, R and Excel.
- Provide accurate demand data and forecasts to global retail and regional teams for use in weekly forecasting and trading processes.
- Understand geographical, customer segment and marketing channel mix implications and illustrate financial sensitivities of each to the retail team.
- Demonstrate success in a fast paced environment with the ability to accept changing priorities and focus, while remaining balanced and producing quality output.
- Intermediate level SQL and basic visual basic coding skills are a must.
- Proven experience utilizing advanced Excel skills to solve business problems and understand statistical significance in a repeatable and sustainable form, including such tools as regression, VLOOKUP, Sum If, SumProduct, Index Match, and Goal Seek.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate diligently, in both verbal and written forms, with executive management and peer groups.
- Highly analytical critical thinking skills with an aptitude for learning quickly and the ability to distill complex, detailed data into an executive level story applying appropriate judgments upon the audience.
- Sustained experience with financial ERPs or other OLAP based financial planning software such as Hyperion, Prophix, Adaptive, or Cognos.
- Bachelor’s in Math, IS, Finance, or Economics with 8 years of related progressive experience.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top