HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 193 countries. Our global platform spans across over 40 websites and 22 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
We're looking for multi-lingual customer service professionals to join our dynamic Operations team. If you are self-driven and have excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
In this role, you will be helping our users via email, chat and phone, working closely with our Sales and Product team to deliver a WOW experience.
Manage interactions between traveler and host – ensuring both parties have the best experience on our site.
- Offer recommendation assistance for travelers requesting suggestions on accommodations on assigned countries
- Guide travelers on how to contact host and pay for the booking
- Contact host to confirm availability and rates as appropriate
- Assist host on pricing clarification as appropriate
- Facilitate booking modifications, issuance of refunds and payouts
Establish working relationships with HomeAway’s key hosts across the region.
- Contact host to clarify on traveler related queries or issues
- Work with local Sales to escalate hosts who need onboarding or further engagement
Help educate our users on using HomeAway Asia’s product and services
- Assist travelers and hosts on how to use our platform including our safety features
- Manage and resolve customer complaints professionally and escalate issues appropriately
- Assist in addressing traveler complaints by working with the appropriate teams: Host management, Product and Engineering and/or Marketing
Assist in mediating situations between users
- Investigate reports on check-in issues with available information
Assist in mediating disputes between traveler and host to decide on the best solution
- Assist in refund negotiation for traveler cancellations
Investigate fraud listings and suspicious transactions
- Identify suspicious listing and transactions against known fraud vectors
- Assist with fraud investigations and action or escalate as necessary
Work proactively to meet targets and goals
- Work with manager to define and track KPIs
- Be proactive in suggestions impacting traveler experience
Work on multiple task simultaneously
- Work on additional projects as assigned which may include translations of Help content and FAQs
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in customer service or travel related industry
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Native Japanese fluency and business level English
- Self-starter and a strong team player
- Startup mentality and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Self-motivated with a drive to excel
- Able to work shifts that spans weekend and public holidays