Join the HomeAway team and help us to connect families, friends and groups of all sizes with the best selection of vacation rental homes around the world. We don’t rent rooms, couches or any other shared spaces, just whole homes for travelers to enjoy! As the leading online vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million listings across 190 countries, HomeAway has the right property for any vacation need. Plus, HomeAway is part of the Expedia family, the No. 1 online travel company in the world!
We are looking for a Creative Director Brand Marketing to join, contribute, and work within the Global Brand Marketing and Global Experience Design teams who is hungry to develop world-class creative ideas and executions.
Reporting to the VP Experience Design and the VP Global Brand Marketing as the Creative Director Brand Marketing, you will have the unique opportunity to lead the efforts to experiment with creative ideas and directions for Brand Marketing that aligns with Experience Design work and creativity.
You will work closely with our in-house creative teams – both Marketing & Experience Design -- and our advertising agencies to bring forward-thinking ideas to life that drive business growth via owned, shared, earned and paid channels.
Creative Directors are vital for building a fertile environment at HomeAway where great ideas are born and can thrive. They stimulate creative energy and nurture the creative talent within the organization, inspiring great work, and evangelizing for it when it leaves the Creative studios. Our Creative Directors are aware of the commercial aspects of running a business and act as guardian to our brand across all work being created. They steer our creative identity and are responsible for its creative reputation and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will combine creative inspiration with passion and the ability to create effective advertising and design that drives business performance for HomeAway’s brand portfolio and brand marketing efforts.
- Lead the strategic creative efforts for Brand Marketing, inspiring it and -- with it -- the entire organization.
- Establish the overall creative philosophy and objectives: our “Creative mojo!”
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and overs them to completion.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to obtain knowledge of key objectives and requirements, including the VPs of Brand Marketing and Experience Design, the head of Brand Strategy, and the head of Creative & Content Marketing.
- Direct and motivate teams of creatives, utilizing their talents effectively; lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas.
- Be a discerning creative judge and advocate for great work.
- Pitch ideas to Brand Marketing and Experience Design leadership; act as a creative bridge between Experience Design Studio and the Brand Marketing Team.
- Act as the brand guardian – with the head of Brand Strategy -- that the standard of output is both creatively outstanding and effective, but also adheres consistently to required brand guidelines.
- Direct the production of creative outputs, where needed: e.g. advertisements, TV commercials, social media content, etc.
- Be a strong communicator, confident at presenting and selling conceptual work, explaining what makes great work and how it meets the brand’s needs.
- Able to receive, manage, and respond appropriately to feedback from colleagues, research, and others.
- Report key data from creative testing efforts and determining actions as a result.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the HomeAway’s business with a clear understanding of the brand’s values and where and how advertising contributes to its success.
- Tenacious and resilient under pressure and up against deadlines.
- Work effectively with the wider teams across the organization.
- Passion for vacation rentals and the HomeAway way.
- 5+ years of proven hands-on experience as a Creative Director or a similar creative role in a deadline-oriented environment with attention for results.
- Has significant experience in digital media – developing strategies and producing content for online and social channels with a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience.
- Creative! Always developing fresh ideas to drive brand awareness and generate traffic to HomeAway websites.
- Adaptable to change and ability to bring ideas to life, quickly through ideation and teamwork that advance brand & business objectives.
- Interpret the appropriate mechanisms and process to scale creative offerings.
- Leverage the use of HomeAway’s data insights to better inform creative excellence.
- Excellent command of software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Strong art direction and design skills that work in film, print, web and social with a mobile first mentality.
- Excellent presentation skills and story-telling ability; possess art direction & video production experience with attention for results.
- Regular travel to HomeAway London office.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong creative direction and experience creating great advertising & content.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress code
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top