Compensation and Benefits Manager - Europe
Over the past 10 years, HomeAway has made an incredible journey from the vision of its founders to build one global marketplace for holiday rentals to becoming the global market leader with well over 1 million ‘whole’ houses. Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do. We are part of Expedia Inc. and our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. HomeAway has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest travel company in the world! Once you are part of the family the career opportunities are endless. HomeAway is seeking a Manager, Compensation & Benefits for Europe.
What will you do?
You and your team will manage the ongoing development and operation of HomeAway’s industry leading Benefits and Compensation programs. You’ll also serve as a key leader in the continuing post-acquisition integration HomeAway Europe and Expedia.
You will collaborate and communicate with cross-functional partners, providing compensation and benefits expertise to help achieve business goals while gaining commitment and facilitating agreement. You will ensure that European Compensation and Benefits plans/programs effectively meet organization and employee needs, are managed within budget and are in compliance with company policies/procedures and applicable government regulations. You will develop a network of Compensation and Benefits service providers and advisors for the organization.
Most importantly, you’ll be a thought leader for HomeAway Europe Compensation and Benefits, and serve as the primary consultant to region-wide business leaders on topics including overall reward strategies, current Compensation and Benefits plans and programs, and HomeAway talent attraction, management and retention needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
Serve as the regional expert in Compensation and Benefits for HomeAway’s European businesses.
Partner with Expedia’s Compensation and Benefits local and global teams on Total Rewards initiatives.
Gather competitive intelligence on the market and generate recommendations to guide the business on how to maintain its competitive edge.
Partner with Expedia’s Global Mobility Team to provide guidance on international employee transfers.
Oversee and evaluate European benefit programs including health and welfare plans, retirement plans, and other internal benefits (vacation, sick, leave of absence, etc).
Ensure programs are market competitive, cost effective, and compliant.
Design and deliver compensation and benefits training for managers.
What will you bring?
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with an advanced degree preferred
-A minimum of 7 years of progressive Compensation and Benefits experience, preferably in the Technology sector
- Professional certification in Compensation (CCP) and/or Benefits (CBP or CEBS) preferred.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Required language: Fluent English; ability to speak business level French or other languages a plus
-Solid analytical skills including a grounding in statistics, competitive market analysis, and impact of rewards on business culture and results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of country regulations and compliance requirements governing local compensation and benefits practices and procedures.
- Excellent judgment and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Excellent listening and verbal/written communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, with experience with Oracle HR and Workday a plus.
- Travel required within region and globally, including trip(s) to HomeAway headquarters in Austin, Texas and Expedia headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
What do we offer?
- Central London location in Victoria, walking distance from the tube station with what are probably the best views of London
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
- Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
- Life assurance, Child care vouchers, Private Health Care, Access to pension scheme, Salary Protection scheme, Annual appraisal and salary review in addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast. You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated team, supported by a Company with a desire to deliver exceptional service to our customers and outstanding business performance.
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top