Business Analyst, Scripting and Operations
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry? Does leading a talented and growing team energize you?
Reporting directly to the Head of Global Meta and partnering very closely the Meta Operation Manager, you will play a pivotal role supporting the day to day operations of HomeAway meta partnerships (Trivago, Google Hotel Ads, Kayak, TripAdvisor etc.). This includes performance analysis, reporting and building tools/queries to manage listing distribution and partner bid processes. We lean on you to streamline and automate these processes to achieve scale and operational excellence.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Analytical, curious, autonomous & pro-active mindset
- Previous experience in online marketing and familiarity with Programmatic traffic acquisition/PPC/SEM/Display strongly preferred
- Passion for number crunching, logical problem solving & intellectual challenges
- Ability to structure and execute data exploration problems, with innovative approaches and creative solutions, leveraging strong reporting and data visualization skills
- Expert-level SQL knowledge
- Experience in Scala or Python scripting (Python preferred)
- Understanding of data infrastructure. You will be working with the following stack: S3 (storage), Qubole (Data Management), Presto (Analysis Engine), and Looker (Reporting/Visualization)
- Experience with data reporting tools (ex. Looker, Tableau, QlikView etc.)
- Experience in data pipelines and analytics systems
- Effective prioritization skills and comfort working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Able to work across different business units
- You’re the perfect fit if you have…
- Intermediate-level knowledge of big data tools / languages (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, BigQuery, etc.)
- Exposure to clickstream data
- Familiarity with version control, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in cloud services (AWS)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top