Business Analyst - Process Optimisation
HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands. We are a world leader in the holiday rental industry with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect beach house, cottage, or apartment for any getaway.
Our mission is to make every holiday rental in the world available to every traveller through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel memories together.
Do you love solving problems with data? How about travel? Want to be part of a diverse team where all of that comes together? Want a chance to drive an extraordinary experience for travellers by connecting them with millions of holiday rental properties?
If so, then HomeAway has a Business Analyst role in Process Optimisation available and we want to talk to you! In this role you will apply your operational and analytical knowledge to champion improvement strategies for the Customer Support team.
The ideal profile
- You are an inquiring mind with the ability to recognize inefficiencies and challenge the status quo
- You have a real passion for statistics, probabilities, and logical problem solving on business process challenges
- You demonstrate creativity when collecting and translating business requirements into technical requirements
- You display a high level of initiative, passion, and desire to create an effortless experience for our customers through operational improvements for HomeAway's Customer Support organization
- You have outstanding organizational skills and are comfortable juggling and prioritizing numerous tasks at a time
- Advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields preferred (applicable experience may be substituted)
- 3+ years of operation data analysis experience, or 3+ years in strategic/management consulting strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, HQL, Tableau and/or Looker strongly preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce.com CRM and other Agent desktop tools is a plus
- Strong desire to identify and address the root causes for an issue using data driven approach.
- A Good Vibes Committee who arrange fun social gatherings e.g. Climb the Harbour bridge, Family pinics, Mini-Golk and Charity days.
- Chill-out and communal lunch areas (with table tennis!)
- Free drinks, snacks, fruit and breakfast.
- An inventive culture where you can bring your ideas to life at a global level. We challenge you to think big.
- Health Insurance benefits and discounts
- Travel discounts with thousands of accommodation providers on Expedia and Hotels.com
- An industry leading New Parent Benefit Program, which is 28 weeks of primary carer leave and 12 weeks of secondary carer leave (at 100% pay).
Required qualifications and experience:
What do we offer?
Based in Woolloomooloo (the suburb of Sydney that is by far the most fun to say), our modern office has stunning 180-degree views of the Harbour. But more importantly, we pride ourselves on our flexible, transparent and empowering work culture where you’re always working with the newest tech while being able to just be yourself (our casual dress code means it’s casual Friday every day).
Some of the other perks include:
For the exciting opportunity to join a leading Global company, transforming the travellers experience one vacation at a time - Apply now!
Back to top