To successfully support the company’s growth in South Europe, HomeAway is seeking a talented Business Analyst. In this role, as part of the Global Sales Operations (GSO) team, your primary responsibility is to enable, troubleshoot, and optimize sales tools and technology at HomeAway.
You will be providing front line Business Analyst support for our Partner Success teams.
Primary daily activities include investigating bugs and system issues, facilitating tasks and enhancements through Jira (or similar Agile software), working with IT to resolve issues, running reports and analyzing results, answering sales questions regarding systems, and identifying changes for process improvement and long-term system optimization.
In addition to the day to day tasks, you will provide support to the overall GSO Tools team through testing and system rollout coverage for large roadmap objectives.
• Learn sales processes through process mapping to fully understand how the technology is used and impacts created through change
• Troubleshoot daily issues and engage development or IT support, as needed
• Responsible for end-to-end business analyst duties including requirements gathering, data analysis, functional design, system implementation, and user acceptance for sales teams
• Participate in our development process by developing appropriate user stories, test plans, and acceptance testing for all recommended system changes
• Develop and maintain thorough documentation of system processes and change requests
Supporting our Users:
• Work with sales management to understand user needs
• Drive adoption and awareness of system functions and usage by end users
• Plan, develop, and deliver appropriate training materials for your projects as well as plan for translation and delivery for global end users
Project Management and Execution:
• Take business analyses and projects from concept to completion
• Prioritize projects and ensure their completion through Agile framework
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions and requirements of how they will successfully leverage system and functionalities
Reporting and Analytics:
• Create and run reports as needed to understand root cause and help end users solve for problems
• Synthesize data to facilitate the business teams’ understanding and make key decisions
• A confirmed and proven experience in a business analyst role, preferably in a sales organization supported by a CRM (ideally Salesforce)
• Proven expertise in SalesForce.com sales functions, such as accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, reports, forecasting, and activities
• You have preferably worked within an Agile framework
• You have worked with a sales organization
• Testing and QA experience is a plus
• Salesforce Admin Certification is a plus
• You preferably have experience with: Eloqua software, Compass software, Oracle Integrated Commissions and 8x8 (Contactual) Telephony
• Understanding of CRM capabilities regarding configuration and custom development
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SQL a plus
• Strong communication skills and customer service skills in order to support the Sales team
• Self-starter and TEAM PLAYER, sees what needs to be done and takes initiative
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required
What do we have to offer?
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million page views per month. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer regular social gatherings, relaxed dress code, chill-out and lunch areas, and a range of other benefits.
You will be part of the HomeAway® team in our offices in Madrid, in walking distance from the tube station. You will work in a modern office within a motivated team, supervised by a management team with a sense for what is possible and what is not.
After applying to this opportunity, you will go through an initial phone interview before being invited to meet our Partner Success Leadership team.
To let us know you are interested, click apply.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!