Big Data Analytics Architect
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
What You’ll Do:
Data Analytics is responsible for building the analytics platform, tools, and solutions in real-time streaming and batch mode to enable HomeAway’s internal users to consume the data and help them derive insights in a scalable, reliable and easy to access manner. These insights will enable analysts, data scientists and executives to drive company’s product design, user experience, and business outcomes.
- You will architect and own the design of the real-time and batch data analytic platform, tools and solutions, both on-premise and cloud.
- You’ll work with different user personas in the company to understand the analytic needs of HomeAway.
- You’ll partner with product and Engineering teams to drive the analytic solutions.
- You will assist in conducting design reviews, tool assessments and technical demonstrations.
- You‘ll mentor, grow and influence team members to adapt to standards and best practices.
- You will investigate and recommend future state technologies like Presto, Looker, Druid, AirFlow and others.
- You are a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile
- Experience building large scale distributed data solutions, preferably in a ecommerce company.
- Strong experience in relational databases as well as NoSQL databases.
- Strong expertise in Hadoop and Spark ecosystem.
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Samza or other stream processing technologies.
- Prior design/solution and implementation experience in moving data applications to Cloud.
- Strong BI solution experience using Microstrategy or any other Enterprise BI tool.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive salary
- Target annual bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free drinks & snacks
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
To understand the mission of HomeAway watch our ad by Prince EA, Working to Live or Living to Work, on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRldP18bH8!
Back to top