Big Data Analyst - Marketplace
Over the past 10 years, HomeAway has made an incredible journey from the vision of its founders to build one global marketplace for holiday rentals to becoming the global market leader with well over 1 million ‘whole’ houses. Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do.
We are part of Expedia Inc. and our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. HomeAway has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest travel company in the world! Once you’re part of the family the career opportunities are endless.
The sort order algorithm determines in which order properties are displayed onsearch result pages on all HomeAway sites globally. By showing the right property to the right traveler, we ensure both supplier and traveler satisfaction, while increasing significantly online conversion.
This permanent position as a Big Data Analyst - Marketplace (based in Paris) is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing entity critical to the company’s success, in a leading online company of the attractive vacation rental market.
The Big Data Analyst - Marketplace will help in analyzing the performance of the sort algorithm, identifying areas of improvement and designing creative solutions to further increase traveler conversion. Given the potential impact of this role on HomeAway conversion, sales and revenue objectives, it will receive significant executive-level attention and support. This position is based in Paris (France), joining our Business Intelligence team. The role will also be highly cross-functional, working with our Business Intelligence team in the US (Austin), database, BI, product, development and business teams to resolve any operational issues and develop new tools as required.
What will you do?
Your key responsibilities will be:
· Identify through analysis and datamining opportunities to improve sort algorithm in order to increase traveler conversion
· Define and help organize the upcoming A/B tests to be performed, resulting in constant improvement of our logic
· Specify and help prioritize requirements for coding enhancement of sort algorithm by engineering teams
· Monitor performance of sort system on a daily basis, and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
· Define key business operating metrics and design and create related reports that show our success/failure in reaching related success metrics
What will you bring?
· Passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges
· Ability to structure / work on exploratory problems, with innovating approach and creative solutions
· Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
· Strong business sense and strategy thinking
· Ability to build and present evidence based stories
· Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Flexibility to changing priorities and timelines is key
· Able to work with different business units, across multiple countries, to communicate findings and practices company-wide
· Expertise in Excel and SQL is a must
· Tableau and R mastering is a huge plus
· Other data mining tools (BigQuery, Datameer, Hive, Hadoop, Python) and Office suite (PowerPoint, Outlook) knowledge is preferred but not required
· 2-5 years of experience in either web/ travel industry or strategy/ data consulting is required
· Must have proven prior experience with managing complex systems to drive business performance.
· Previous experience in Sort order or Revenue Management algorithms would be a definite plus. Knowledge of web industry environment (A/B testing, Conversion funnel, traffic sources…) is preferred but not required
· Master degree and solid background in mathematics, statistics and strategy required
· Must be fluent in English. French a strong plus.
What do we have to offer?
You will join a first class team in one of the most successful online pure-player company.
You will be part of the HomeAway® team in our office in Paris.
Inaddition to an attractive salary with bonus, we offer regular social gatherings, relaxed dress code, chill-out and lunch areas, and a range of other benefits.
For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Back to top