Back End Developer
To gain the coverage we would generate G3 landing pages across thousands of critical geo nodes using a Node.js based UI templating stack. Great! Travelers followed onto our pages, but there’s still a question of conversion.
How do you make sure a majority of those hits are converted into dated searches? By smartly and cognitively making the page content relevant, supported by services crunching huge amounts of data every second from multiple types of data sources in the cloud, such as SEO, Geo data and POI information, we can make the pages engaging enough to convert.
Join us in our journey of enticing the travelers and making it a win-all for them, the property owners, HomeAway and you.
As a Back End Developer, you will help us build highly performant and scalable real-time systems to make effective decisions on the fly, taking advantage of large distributed datasets and machine learning.
- Develop scalable, secure, tested and reliable applications for a distributed SOA environment
- Be comfortable in the agile software lifecycle from concept to production and beyond
- Appreciate and enhance a dynamic and close-knit software development team committed to mutual learning through peer code reviews and innovation
- Find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems
- Be encouraged to participate in HomeAway’s inventive culture including HackAway and Kitchen Talks
- Experience with continuous delivery and integration tools like Maven, git, and TeamCity
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD frameworks
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with the professional tools like Splunk, New Relic and Sonar
- Experience collaborating on a cross-functional team
- Strong problem solving capability
- Familiarity with REST and service-oriented architecture
- Experience in E-commerce or Travel Industries is a plus
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and an ability/willingness to learn
- Relaxed Dress Down; every day is Dress Down Friday
- Excellent on the job training and on-going core skills development
- Life assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Private Health Care
- Access to pension scheme
- Salary Protection scheme
- Annual appraisal and salary review
Check us out on https://www.themuse.com/companies/homeaway/office/london
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top