Area Manager - North Asia
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Regional Manager is responsible for leading a team of sales and account management professionals to meet and exceed the regional performance targets for HomeAway.
A leadership position critical in the evolution of HomeAway in the region; this role will spearhead a fast paced and energetic team in some of the business’ key markets which present challenging and exciting opportunities to accomplish unparalleled levels of growth. Working with a driven team, a dynamic, innovative and passionate manager will thrive in this environment
- Achieve individual and team revenue, conversion and listing acquisition targets.
- Provide support, guidance and a point of escalation to the team.
- Take maximum advantage of revenue opportunities through ensuring individual and team activity targets are met.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the team.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of the HomeAway strategy.
- Develop team to comfortably prepare and deliver proposals to existing and prospective clients.
- Identify and develop partnerships and new business opportunities in support of growth objectives.
- Determine data/business information requirements and cascade data usage throughout team, demonstrating the effect on performance.
- Prepare quarterly/regional business reviews/forecasts.
- Actively contribute to site development with recommendations on new products and services.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones, performance appraisals and execute professional development plans.
- Advise existing and prospective HomeAway clients on company products and services.
- Generate and maintain an ongoing and sustainable pipeline of high quality prospects.
- Maintain continuous improvement to existing sales processes to maximize team efficiency.
- Design and deliver ongoing sales training to maximize team performance.
- Develop expert local knowledge of the holiday rental market in assigned territory and accurately assesses and embrace opportunities as they arise.
- Travel extensively to assigned territories.
- Building relationships with relevant government authorities where appropriate.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications & Experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated sales leadership experience with a small team, preferably for an online or travel-related company.
- Experience of leading a significant team of at least 10 direct/indirect reports is essential.
- Experience of remote management of a culturally diverse, regional team is essential.
- Experience of growing a team from the ground up is desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software desirable.
- High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- MBA or tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce at Bachelor level or equivalent is desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, identify and develop strong prospects and convert these into profitable new business.
- Ability to handle up to 50% travel.
- Strong, confident leadership and influencing skills.
- Exceptional communicator who engages others through credible communication.
- Exceptional data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strongly developed sales and marketing acumen.
- Able to engage stakeholder at all levels including C level.
- Willing to accept an element of risk to achieve business outcomes.
- Resilient and tenacious.
To find out more, check out:
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
Senior HR Coordinator, EMEA
Camilla does everything to ensure that HomeAway employees have the resources they need to succeed, from welcoming new staff aboard to writing HR policies for the company.
Back to top