HomeAway is a global leader marketplace for holiday rentals with well over 1 million houses. It has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest global travel company (Expedia Inc.).
HomeAway is looking for a Consultant/Analyst to join the Global Analytics & Data Insights team in London. This role will be responsible for providing actionable insights to marketing and CRM teams to drive marketplace success. The goal of the team is to identify, define, and drive focus on the company’s KPIs, provide visibility into trends, and initiate improvement opportunities.
A successful candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, a high level of business acumen and understanding of databases and data visualization. The candidate will bring expertise in building and refining data analysis to help solve key business problems.
What will you do? You will
· Find compelling insights within data and translate them into action, using your communication skills
· Drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our senior business leaders
· Work on proactive projects to support the company strategy
· Deliver quantitative models to help inform decision making
· Analyze the performance drivers of traffic acquisition channels, translating insights into actionable hypotheses and tests recommendations, customer scoring and segmentation models
· Define, monitor and improve reporting of KPIs to drive cross channel insights to improve efficiency
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams globally understand business objectives and challenges
· Prioritize and work independently with minimum guidance
· Utilize tools to extract and analyze big datasets such as SQL, Datameer, Google Analytics or Tableau
What will you bring?
· 3+ years work full time experience in consulting or data analytics
· Background in consulting or relevant area – travel, ecommerce, real estate – a strong plus
· BA/BS degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics)
· Experience in complex analytical business problems working with data to identify trends, patterns and make recommendations
· Solid quantitative and analytical skills
· Record of business analysis and fact-based decision making
· Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage projects concurrently
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Proficiency in Excel a must
· Knowledge of SQL preferably
· Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics and big data platforms and Tableau a plus
· Passion for data-driven business decision making
· Fast learner and ability to reach power-user status on multiple tools quickly
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively
· Desire to exhibit an infectious commitment to excellence
· Ability to work effectively in a lean, global and matrixed environment
What do we have to offer?
· Central London location in Victoria, walking distance from tube station and great views of London
· Attractive compensation plan, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast
· Modern office environment
· Every day is Dress Down Friday
Back to top