Analyst, Advanced Data Insights
Analyst, Advanced Data Insights (Austin, Texas)
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people by helping them enjoy time away with friends and families? That is what we do at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.3 million properties listed and millions of travelers visiting our site per year. HomeAway has the energy of a start-up, plus the stability of being part of the largest global travel company (Expedia Inc.).
You have now the opportunity to join the global Analytics & DataInsights team in Austin (Texas). The goal of the team is to enable stakeholders with relevant strategic and operational recommendations to make better decisions. Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to come up with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly.
Do you love data and analysis? And vacations? Want a job where you can swipe right for data, analysis and vacations? If so, then HomeAway has theAnalyst role for you! Analyst is someone who is passionate about learning business and leveraging data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive company’s critical business decisions. In particular, you will be responsible for supporting the customer notification strategies providing data analysis and reports, focusing on customer centricity and providing actionable insights to Product, Marketing and CRM teams to drive market place success.
· Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses, through analysis and data mining, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypothesis and ultimately improve operations
· Partner with Product & Marketing managers and internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis, while improving customercentricity
· Be a HomeAway data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights
· Collect and prioritize user stories for analysis and design associated self-service data products
· Demonstrate understanding of key customer conversion drivers as well as business needs in order to align KPIs and reports with them
· Monitor notification´s key metrics (visitors, engagement, conversion, notifications metrics, etc.) on a daily basis, and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
· Work with stakeholders to review, enhance and ensure usage of notifications reports
· Support teams in the deployment, analysis and readouts of test, providing them the necessary tools
· Participate to the Notifications weekly meeting to ensure insight-based decision making
· Passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges
· Must be comfortable with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively and being flexibility to changes
· Able to work across different business units/countries, to communicate findings company-wide
· Ability to work independently and proactively
· Excellent organization skills, and ability to manage projects concurrently
· Expert SQL level
· Intermediate level of Tableau and Big DataStack (Hive, Hadoop, Spark)
· Basic R and/or Python level
· Clickstream data exposure: 1-2 years in past experience (preferably in extracting data from BigQuery)
· Bachelor's or master in an analytical field(e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 1+years of experience in data analytics, working with data to identify trends and patterns
1+ year experience in either web/ travel industry or data consulting is required
· Background in relevant area – travel, ecommerce, real estate – or experience in a strong plus
· Knowledge of email campaigns data sources orCRM systems
· Must be fluent in English
What do we have to offer?
· Highly Competitive salary + Target annual bonus
· 4 weeks paid vacation
· Great Medical & Dental Plan
· Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit) + Free listing on HomeAway.com
· Free drinks & snacks
· Electric adjustable stand up desk
· Casual dress code
· Biweekly company update talks with our leadership team
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top