Affiliate Partnerships Manager - Japan
HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway, Inc. is looking for a bright and driven Affiliate Partnerships Manager - Japan to manage our Japanese affiliate programs for HomeAway.com. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the programs and for developing relationships with affiliate partners across our marketplace. This individual will be responsible for validating all sales and leads, creating performance reports, requesting new banner creative, sending monthly newsletter communications, and ensuring that affiliate best practices are in place.
You can expect a dynamic environment that nurtures and challenges, while providing valuable career-building experience. The role is ideal for a highly motivated, can-do attitude individual who can network and establish relationships, both internally and externally, influence decision makers at all levels and wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful company. You will learn how to work in a professional environment, with many opportunities to be exposed to new tools, skills, and different departments across our entire business.
This role reports to the Regional Manager Affiliate Partnerships – APAC and will work closely with other members of this team.
- Research, identify and segment business opportunities with partners in your region (websites/mobile platforms) who generate qualified traffic or who have a strong brand;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with our range of services to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Build and maintain a professional network within the online travel industry in you market;
- Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies;
- Proactively grow and manage your sales pipeline, while supporting other colleagues in the team to keep growing our overall business;
- Monitor, research and report findings on market developments in your region;
- Attend travel conferences in in your region to increase your network and promote HomeAway.com.
- Manage all processes leading up to finalizing distribution deals (i.e. leads, prospecting, making first contact, meetings, contracting, integration and follow up);
- Maintain and develop successful business partnerships with HAEM’s business partners and manage all aspects of partner interactions;
- Monitor the success of each account and manage client relationships in order to maximize profitability of the account by advising on HomeAway.com’s products and services;
- Maintain basic account infrastructure, including but not limited to: requesting and uploading creative, providing partner support, requesting access to API, and creating new program terms.
- Develop and apply program growth strategies to recruit prospects and optimize existing partnerships.
- Help partners integrate our Affiliate APIs and xml feeds and have a basic understanding of the tools available;
- Provide monthly reports on account performance and forecast.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience within digital marketing industry;
- Excellent knowledge of the (online) travel industry; specifically, the vacation rental category;
- Demonstrate professionalism and skills in specialized internet advertising techniques and knowledge of both affiliate marketing and search marketing;
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Commercial focus, sales driven, results oriented and a client relationships manager;
- Exemplify the hands-on approach and eager to learn;
- Strong communication, negotiation & reporting skills;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Native speaking Japanese and fluent in English is required;
- Willing to move to Tokyo if you are based in another city in Japan or another country and potentially willing to move to Singapore (regional head office) if the company requires this.
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself
- Employee insurance and benefits
- Spectacular modern offices with views over Robertson Quay, Singapore Flyer and CBD
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
To find out more, check out:
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top