Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Reporting to the Revenue Controller and/or the Billing and Revenue Lead based in Geneva, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for communicating with external customers and internal stakeholders; manage daily transactions and reconciliation; resolve accounts receivable issues and will be also a support to establish billing processes. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong interest in joining an entrepreneurial environment and positively contributing to the company’s operations.
The ideal candidate is a process oriented professional with experience in the billing and collections process, is able to effectively influence cross-functional teams, demonstrates strong initiative and ownership, has excellent project management and problem-solving skills and should meet the following requirements:
- English & Spanish Speaking
- Customer service orientation with ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- 2+ years of full cycle A/R or billing and collections operations experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to understand issues, resolve conflicts, persuade decision makers and motivate people
- Software and advertising receivables experience preferred
- Organizational skills with ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities and findings both in written and verbal form
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce or Zuora preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Performing all aspects of accounts receivable; billing, collections, cash application, reconciliation, analysis and SOX compliance
- Perform Customer credit check or financial reviews
- Identify and coordinate debt recovery with Legal actions if necessary
- Identify opportunities for the enhancement of processes and internal controls to streamline and automate billing and collection activities across multiple business units and systems
- Contribute to the design and implementation of world-class billing and collection systems