Accounts Payable Team Lead, EU
Are you a young, dynamic person willing to work in an international environment? HomeAway is searching an Accounts Payable Team Lead to complete its financial team. Based in Madrid, the position will report to the EU Finance Operations Manager and will form part of an international team.
- Lead accounts payable and other disbursement operations in Europe
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to the team
- Oversee SOX controls and ensure compliance of the group to the SOX narratives
- Act as liaison between the Finance Operations Manager, the GL Accounting team and the AP team to meet information needs and ensure data is accurate
- Make recommendations for process improvement
- Coordinate team activities for month-end-close; ensure accuracy of data and reconciliations
- Work with Oracle multi-currency Accounts Payable ledger(s)
- Procure-to-pay cycle: Invoice processing, Maintenance of vendor master data, process payments
- Work with different banking systems
- Audit and process credit card statements
- Review/ audit electronic expense reports for compliance to company Travel policy; handle internal queries related to travel and entertainment policy and expenses
- Respond to vendor queries as well as to internal queries
- Other general tasks and projects as assigned
- Advanced level of English is mandatory for this position
- Good knowledge of French or German is an advantage
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or other related fields or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Must have experience with large ERP (Oracle is preferable)
- Thorough knowledge of Procure-to-Pay cycle
- Exposure to multinational environments and SOX controls would be an advantage
Personal skills & attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Independent, ability to work on own initiative
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good general computer skills (MS office)
- Ability to multi-task
What we offer?
In addition to an attractive compensation plan we offer regular social gatherings, chill-out and lunch areas and a range of other benefits including free drinks, snacks/fruit and breakfast.
You will work in a modern office environment as an integral part of a motivated and dynamic team, supported by a Company with a desire to deliver exceptional service to our customers and outstanding business performance.
Who are we?
HomeAway, Inc., based in Austin, Texas, the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals.
Through HomeAway, owners and property managers offer an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com
We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
VP, Information Systems
Shanaz develops and manages various aspects of the HomeAway technological platform. She oversees HomeAway's database, analytics, CRM, and ERP systems.
Back to top