ave you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway has a great opportunity for a detail oriented and motivated entry level accounting professional to work on accounting projects as we moved towards automation. Reporting to the Payments and Projects Manager, the Accounting Analyst will work closely with the product and accounting teams to monitor and implement daily cash matching processes. This is a new and exciting role that will be involved with key accounting initiatives and implementations.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research and resolve exceptions between the credit card processor,accounting system, and bank statements.
- Manage and organize large amounts of data in order to isolate and solve problems.
- Initiate journal entries and correspondence necessary to resolve issues.
- Work closely with global revenue accountants, product developers, and payment processors to establish and maintain processes.
- Implement and improve global cash matching processes as they expand across new products and revenue streams.
- Assist on special projects as assigned from time to time including technical accounting research and new business initiatives.
- Analyze and identify trends in order to initiate productive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience either in corporate and/or public accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact cross functionally with all levels of management and across geographies
- Attention to detail and ability to see tasks through to completion
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to understand the total scope of business, while executing on tasks
- Ability and desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with e-commerce transactions a plus.
- Licensed Chartered Accountancy (CPA) or actively pursuing Chartered Accountancy (CPA) certification a plus
- Experience in Oracle financials a plus