Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway Software is seeking a talented team-player to generate new business within the Western US. This position is base plus commission in a team selling environment. This is a highly visible role which requires strong relationship-building and consulting skills, as well as knowledge of how our software and listings technology can help Vacation Rental Managers build their businesses. This is a hunter role.
- Prospect, present, and sell complex, Software-as-a-Service vacation rental management software and services to property managers throughout the US
- Outbound prospecting (email, phone, and in-person visits)
- Research and profile targeted companies to identify key contacts & uncover opportunities
- Excellent and professional qualification and follow up on leads from website, advertising and trade shows
- Identify and document prospect's needs, expectations and priorities
- Conduct in-person and virtual demonstrations of HomeAway Software offerings
- Document every touch point with customer and prospect database via Salesforce.com
- Attend trade shows and other sales events to support sales goals
- Work closely with rest of the HomeAway Software sales team to close new deals and build the business
- 3+ years of outside software sales experience
- Proven success in lead generation and lead qualification
- Knowledge of CRM Systems (Salesforce.com a plus)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Sales training or solution selling training preferred
- Must be a highly motivated, dependable self-starter with the ability to work independently while maintaining a sense of teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Territory: North America based in Austin or Seattle
- Remote with up to 20% travel
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
Meet Some of HomeAway's Employees
U.S. Marketing Specialist
Yaneli showcases HomeAway’s spectacular home rentals from social media to email campaigning—helping family and friends explore new and exciting travel destinations.
Back to top