VP, Software Development
HomeAdvisor seeks a VP, Software Development to help guide and shape our growing technology teams. You will be entrusted with the care and evolution our world-class application development teams focusing on architectural excellence, Agile, results-first execution, and pragmatic (but aggressive) investments. You’ll need solid practical experience in a Java and web-based environment with a passion for team development and leadership. This role will direct our internal tools and technical architecture teams, and as such, will engineer a foundation for the rest of our teams to build from.
Previous management experience is a must.
A few of the things you'd be responsible for:
- Direct the Internal Tools delivery teams, who maintain and advance our custom CRM and telephony applications
- Direct the Service Professional delivery teams, who are responsible for developing the tools to help our professional network grow their businesses
- Partner with business leaders (Product Development, QA, UX, Marketing, and executives) in guiding the product vision of our homegrown applications platform
- Collaborate with other VPs of Software Development in setting the culture for all of development
- Attract, mentor and retain top talent
- Represent the team as a member of the Technical Directors committee
- Help define HomeAdvisor's development methodologies and processes, with a focus on application security, scalability, stability and performance
Why you'll want to work for us:
- HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to prequalified home improvement resources in their area.
- We're one of Denver's largest, and most successful, internet companies.
- You have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes and figure out how we can be better in time for the next release.
What we'll be looking for in your background:
- 10+ years of software development experience, particularly in Java and web-based applications
- 5+ years of development team management experience, including personnel management, individual/team development, and mentoring
- Comfort working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including Senior Executive and C-level business partners
- Prior experience implementing and guiding development methodology and processes
Sound like you? Send us your resume and we'll find time to chat.
HomeAdvisor joined forces with Angie’s List in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. Our parent company, ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO. This role will sit in Golden, CO, and will report to the SVP, Software Development.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
As project advisor, Debbie ensures that homeowners are getting the best customer care and connecting with the right contractors for different projects.
Back to top