HomeAdvisor is currently looking for a smart, motivated, and energetic Voice Administrator to join our Telephony team and assist with the support and maintenance of our telephony platform. We’re looking for someone who understands VoIP systems, and may have had some exposure to open source PBXs like Asterisk.
Wait, what is HomeAdvisor?
A Top Workplace in Denver for the past 4 years, HomeAdvisor is an online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened and rated home improvement specialists. By creating innovative technology, providing a highly collaborative environment, and encouraging our employees to play a game of ping pong or foosball between meetings, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year. A part of IAC, we join Match.com, Vimeo, and others in a wide portfolio of highly successful internet brands.
HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, and we’ve grown up from our startup days with nearly a quarter billion dollars in annual revenue – yet we’re nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a fascinating place to work.
What you’ll be doing:
The Voice Administrator is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and support of HomeAdvisor’s telephony environment. The Voice Administrator’sduties may include:
- Tier I & Tier II troubleshooting of VoIP connectivity issues on in-house systems, along with moves, adds, changes, deletions, modifications, and ongoing maintenance of Avaya, Asterisk and other telephony platforms
- Handle requests and resolve issues reported through the Home Advisor ticket process, in a timely manner and while properly documenting the incident
- Answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing end-users regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Additional support for communication clients Avaya One X softphone and Oracle Chat
- Daily monitoring and analysis of call flows and current utilization of trunks such as, PRI and SIP to ensure proper capacity for each location
- Primary support of the VoIP phone system interconnecting remote users and remote offices, as well as participating in on-call support rotation for weekend and afterhours support
- Work with application developers, and other technology groups to resolve problems
- Support for maintenance and configuration on appropriate VoIP hardware and virtualized systems like media gateways, call servers, media servers, application servers, routing servers and SBC’s
- Scheduling and oversight of periodic patching and software updates to the appropriate systems – Avaya, Asterisk, OpenSER and VPI voice recording platform
- Review processes affecting VoIP infrastructure and security policy adherence
We’ll also ask you to:
- Travel to our satellite offices (NYC, Kansas City, Indianapolis, etc) for problem resolution or expansion. Potential travel is very light
- Develop and maintain relationships with alliance partners and customers
- Relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Bring motivation for growth as a professional in Information Technology
- BS in Computer Science preferred and/or Technology from a four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have a basic familiarity of VoIP protocols, such as SIP, h.323, and IAX
- Familiarity with the function and use of PBX and IVR systems
- Ability to discern audio issues on call platforms
- Knowledge of network architecture including protocols and mechanisms such as: QoS, MPLS, VPN, TCP/IP, and UDP
- Ability to operate in a blended Windows / Unix environment
- Strong ability to handle multiple requests over a given time period
- Should have intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong grasp of customer service
- Be a key contributor in the evolution of Home Advisor’s Design, and Implementation Methodology
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on your own
- Must be able to stand or be on your feet for multiple hours at a time
- Must have reliable transportation for occasional visits to our offices in Downtown Denver and Colorado Springs
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Hitting a roadblock or need a break? Go shoot hoops on our basketball court, or grab a teammate and play a game of pool. Need some fresh air? Grab a bike and explore one of the many trails near our office along the Front Range. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. Join the team and you’ll see why!
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Chief of Staff
Kelsey is in charge of keeping HomeAdvisor’s Denver office running like a well-oiled machine—overseeing daily operations, visitors, deliveries, budgets, and supplies—always working to support management and the sales representatives.
Back to top