Do you understand that a great user experience leads to better brand recognition and repeat customers? Do you have a passion for creating great user experiences through user-centered design? Do you thrive in a cross-functional group of creative, driven, smart professionals who strive to be experts in their field?
Our UX Designers:
- Formulate, establish, and annotate the navigation, functionality, organizational structure and page-to-page flows of our user experience at HomeAdvisor.com, and through our affiliated sites and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with business partners, graphic designers and developers to define the functionality and navigation solutions for various HomeAdvisor products.
- Work with internal and external constituents as the primary point of contact responsible for driving major UX projects from conception to implementation.
- Stay abreast of advances in user interface (both technical and experiential) and look for ways to appropriately integrate these advances into HomeAdvisor products.
- Communicate designs through fully documented wireframes and prototypes.
- Express user experience best practices across the company, and mentor colleagues and staff on best-in-class usability concepts.
What does HomeAdvisor do, anyway?
HomeAdvisor, one of the Denver Post's Top Workplaces for the last 5 years running, is the nation's largest online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened and rated home improvement specialists in their areas. We're an IAC company, joining Match.com, Vimeo, and others in a wide portfolio of highly successful internet brands. We're one of Denver's largest internet success stories, with our headquarters nestled in the Rocky Mountain foothills near Golden.
What makes us one of Denver's best:
- At HomeAdvisor, your career path is what you make it – when you ask for more responsibility, you'll get it. When you have ideas, we'll listen.
- Your teammates are passionate about their work, and strive to be experts in their field. They love to learn from you, teach you, support you, and challenge you.
- What you're contributing every day far outweighs everything else. We focus on your productivity – which means we tend to have a flexible schedule and generally laid-back attitude.
- Jeans and sneakers. Ping Foosball. Pinball. Bikes to rent. On-site fitness classes. Need we say more?
- At HomeAdvisor, we have a progressive "take what you need" paid time-off policy. Instead of accruing vacation and/or sick time, you literally take the time you need to recharge (within reason).
What you need to be successful:
- At least 1 year of experience in user experience design (or equivalent education or project work), with exposure to interaction design, information architecture, usability testing, or all three; a consulting or agency background or exposure to Axure gets you bonus points.
- Hands-on experience creating site maps, process flows and wireframes for high traffic consumer or B2B sites; any mobile UX experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in visual, written and interactive form: design documents, flow charts, prototypes, etc.
- Desire to deal with business issues, thinking beyond design.
- Ability to articulate strategic issues while balancing these with user needs and technological constraints.
- Experience working in small collaborative teams, including working constructively with development teams.
You know you want to check us out. Send us your resume, and we'll go from there.
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Sr. Sales Online Marketing Consultant
As a top sales representative, Chris spends his days prospecting new clients, advancing current prospects through the pipeline, and touching base with clients to ensure HomeAdvisor is working for them.
Back to top