Sr. Network Engineer
We’re looking for a smart, motivated, and energetic Sr. Network Engineer to join our Systems and Network team. In this role, you’d be the lead in managing both our corporate WAN/LAN and our production website. Our website sees nearly 10 million unique visitors each month (and traffic is growing) and our enterprise network spans the country, so ensuring that our systems are reliable and scalable is of utmost importance. That makes the Sr. Network Engineer role critical to our business. You will be joining a team of seasoned pros who cover a wide spectrum of skills and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. While this role would primarily support (and work from) the Golden, CO Headquarters, you’d also provide remote support to our other offices, and may need to travel to our co-lo facility in Aurora, CO.
Who we are and what we do:
HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-screened home services professionals in their area. Since 1999, we’ve helped over 35 million homeowners complete their projects, and currently help more than 125,000 professionals find qualified leads for their business. With now nearly 2000 employees across 6 sites and a half-billion dollars in annual revenue, we’re one of Colorado’s biggest start-up success stories. Our Headquarters has been named one of Denver’s Top Workplaces for each of the last 4 years, and we’re widely known for a flexible, casual work environment focused on productivity and contribution.
- Primary architect for HomeAdvisor network – LAN, WAN, wireless, VPN and external connectivity.
- Responsible for network traffic engineering – Layer-2: dot1x and spanning tree, Layer-3: Routing, QoS.
- Team lead over network engineering team responsible for maintaining network infrastructure including monitoring, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and upgrades.
- Work with Telephony team to maintain distributed VOIP network including distributed connections to multiple SIP providers, maintaining EF/QoS rules for VOIP traffic and configuration of voice routers/gateways.
- Maintain documentation associated with all network equipment including IP address usage, device configurations, operating procedures, and service records.
- Participate in Tier 2 on-call rotation and respond to Tier 2 escalations (a week-long stint every 6 weeks) that may involve working outside normal business hours.
- Work closely with other departments and collaborate with other IT staff.
- 5 years experience working in the design, configuration, installation, testing, and maintenance of local and wide area computer wired networks.
- 3 years experience working with Juniper JunOS on current Juniper network products (EG: EX series switches, QFX switches, SRX firewalls, etc.)
- 3 years experience working with firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and/or Juniper SRX.
- Network certification highly preferred (EG: JNCIS, CCNA, Network+, RHCE.)
- Familiarity with VMWare ESXi virtualization environment and virtual networking technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure.
- Experience working with F5 BigIP LTM is a bonus.
- Good judgment and troubleshooting skills when dealing with production-impacting changes and problems; the ability to follow directions to the letter (and the wisdom to know when to throw the directions out the window); and a cool head when things don’t go as planned.
- Disciplined approach to maintenance and upgrades – you need to be able to accurately document and execute any and all proposed changes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly of technical subjects, as well as impeccable listening skills.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance.
- Must possess the ability to both work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
HomeAdvisor aims to hire the best, but cannot provide work visa sponsorship at this time. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. If you’re interested in joining our team, apply today!
Meet Some of HomeAdvisor's Employees
Chief of Staff
Kelsey is in charge of keeping HomeAdvisor’s Denver office running like a well-oiled machine—overseeing daily operations, visitors, deliveries, budgets, and supplies—always working to support management and the sales representatives.
Back to top