Here at HomeAdvisor our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build.
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Development Manager (SEO) with leadership, delivery, and design experience to lead one of our software development teams and work together to build something better.
As an SDM, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring an innovative team of software development engineers - growing people as you grow our business and technology
- Helping us establish a diverse and inclusive organization based upon safety and contribution while supporting your peers and the teams they support
- Fostering a positive, supportive, and a lively work environment while providing opportunity for team members to tackle new roles and take on new responsibilities
- Delivering products that help service professionals do the work they love and that help homeowners save time while owning your team's code and results beyond their deployment
- Owning the ins and outs of a system that is constantly growing and evolving while ensuring the quality of our products and the business continuity of our systems
- Learning about new ways to build amazing software, systems and people by actively participating in a culture of Collaboration, Innovation, Delivery and Caring
- Growing as a leader and a technologist through coaching and feedback from your leaders and peers while helping us reimagine and improve our culture, our practices, and our future
- Partnering with passionate Product, QA and UX counterparts to deliver awesomeness and continuously evaluate the best way to deliver short-term and long-term solutions
What is different about this role?
- Hyper focused on optimizing for increasing traffic conversion
- Investigate, trial and build (or use) a scalable framework to increase the velocity of delivered tests to production
- Understand the nuances of SEO is absolutely critical. SEO is a black box that constantly changing, and this role is responsible for over 30 million monthly visits.
- Be a technical bridge between Marketing and SEO teams to understand how paid search interacts with product delivery and offer technical guidance on how to deliver against our roadmap.
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 7-20 years of experience in:
- Building People and Teams: Servant leadership, empowered teams, collaborative work practices
- Presenting their ideas to internal and external audiences
- Test Driven Development: AAA Unit test, BDD Requirements, System Verification
- Delivering: CI/CD, Multiple Environments, Agile, Lean, or Kanban
- Microservices: Hybrid Monolith, Isolated Services, Disparate Data Sources
- Distributed Systems: Design, Caching, CQRS, Message Driven, large-scale processing
- Cloud-Based Systems: Hybrid On-Prem, Lambdas, Elastic Scaling, Resiliency
- Designing new systems: From scratch, adapting legacy, design thinking
- Design Patterns: Gang of Four, Async, Distributed, Responsive Services
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position range s from $130,000-$190,000, commensurate with experience and performance . Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!