Site Reliability Engineer
Here at HomeAdvisor, our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build. We believe strongly in a culture of an independent team of engineers, who are considered an expert in their own business domain and makes decisions relevant to that expertise. The SRE team define the standard of excellence within engineering around reliability, transparency, and availability.
Site Reliability Engineers are the checks and balances to the continuous development and deployment by Software Engineers, they are the support to Infrastructure Engineers' constant need to maintain and scale the operational systems of the company. Further, they are a group of individuals that are passionate about enabling and promoting reliability throughout the product development organization. With the support of team, keeping systems reliable and available becomes easier for the whole team!
- Drive and champion the Site Reliability culture at HomeAdvisor
- Work closely with delivery teams and engineers to improve their services as a whole from runbooks, dashboards, escalation paths to building resilience within their systems
- Assist with the development and automation of the CI/CD pipeline
- Develop a software platforms and framework for maintenance and review of dashboards, alerts, capacity planning and deployment readiness checklists
- Assist Engineers with maintaining their services by measuring and monitoring service level objectives and indicators
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Encourage, standardize and support correct incident response and blameless postmortems within Product Development
- Maintain and improve the reliability of HomeAdvisor's shared commodity software
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, bash
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kafka, Elastic Search and/or caching systems
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you're excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team - this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
See Inside the Office of HomeAdvisor
Launched in 1999, HomeAdvisor—an IAC owned company—is home improvement heaven to property owners and service professionals. Facilitating instant online booking, confident hiring, cost guides, and resources, HomeAdvisor matches homeowners seeking maintenance with the largest network of pre-screened home pros nationwide—all for free. Simultaneously, HomeAdvisor also connects qualified service providers with business boosting access to endless customers.
Back to top